Zopiclone — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Zopiclone

Options
Agnia
Agnia Community member Posts: 924 Connected
Please could someone share their experience with zopiclone if found it helpful thank you 

Comments

• kreacher
    kreacher Community member Posts: 122 Courageous
    Options
    i take zopiclone if i have attacks, say i had a attack tonight, then the next night i would take a sleeping pill, the next night i won't take a pill, but if i have another attack i would take a pill, so every other night during an attack time, generally i will have a good nights sleep with a pill, sometimes a flare up will kick in. I have  had no side effects from them.  Always speak to your gp first before going on sleeping pills
  • kreacher
    kreacher Community member Posts: 122 Courageous
    Options
    i suffer from trigeminal neuralgia, should of mentioned that in previous post
  • Agnia
    Options
    Thank you very much kreacher for writing to me about it 
  • Annieanxious
    Annieanxious Community member Posts: 46 Connected
    Options
    It does work but can be addictive. Dr's are only mean't to prescribe it for short term use to avoid addiction.

I am insomniac and and have very bad nightmares and have been on them every night for about 10 years!
  • Agnia
    Options
    Thank you very much  Annieanxious for writing about it 
  • rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 616 Pioneering
    Options
    I get given zopiclone for short periods sometimes when I struggle to sleep, as when my mental health starts to decline one of the biggest tell tale signs is I stay awake all night and start to have like 3 hours sleep a day. They only ever give it me in short bursts though so like 3 tablets for 3 days and then try without them as been told they are very addictive but they do work and knock me out. I just don't like them very much as I like to get up early in the morning and hate staying in bed for too long and with them I struggle to get up again in the morning.
    I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

• Agnia
    Options
    Thank you very much rubin16 for writing about it 
  • Steve_in_The_City
    Steve_in_The_City Scope Member Posts: 568 Pioneering
    Options
    I have been on them since 1997 and seem to have no adverse reaction. I am given 14 a month, except when I am in hospital when the docs there give me one every night. This includes a 3 month stay.

My insomnia is caused by environmental issues (pollution) and when I go somewhere where the air is reasonably good I sleep well and don't take them, so flying in the face of doctors wisdom for me, at least, they are not addictive.

@rubin16 I am sorry they have an adverse affect on your ability to feel lively in the morning; it isn't a problem for me. If you are not on the lowest dose maybe think of cutting down?
  • Agnia
    Options
    Thank you very much Steve in The City for writing about it 
  • Agnia
    Options
    Hi , im suffering from insomnia im not able to sleep at night at all 
    i took one tablet last night and helped me 
    but the doctor gave me only 7 tablets 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,067 Scope online community team
    Options
    Good afternoon @Agnia, I'm glad to read the tablet helped you last night. Hopefully you'll find sleep comes a little easier tonight too :) 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Agnia
    Options
    Thank you Adrian 
    they helped a bit 
    the doctor said i can take two 
    the one tablet has 7,5 mg 
    i have only 6 left without them im not able to sleep at all completely no sleep at all 

• Annieanxious
    Options
    Are you taking two 7.5mg a night? That seems a high dose. 
  • Agnia
    Options
    Yes Annie 
    the doctor said that i can take 2 tablets at night im not able to sleep at all the one tablet has 7,5 mg  im feeling really anxious and fearful  im not coping with anxiety 

• Annieanxious
    Options
    I hope the doctor is going to follow up with you. I too suffer anxiety and it is all consuming. I hope you find some peace soon.
  • Agnia
    Options
    Thank you Annie 
    im not coping at all 
  • Annieanxious
    Options
  • Agnia
    Options
  • Steve_in_The_City
    Steve_in_The_City Scope Member Posts: 568 Pioneering
    Options
    @Agnia I am not a doctor and I am not allowed to give any medical advice, so this is just a personal opinion: I think 2 X 7.5mg Zop is a tad excessive. I once took 2 and didn't feel at all well afterwards and I am used to this drug. Maybe ask your doctor why s/he said take 2?
  • Agnia
    Options
    Hi Steve 
    i just took one tablet  an hour ago and i cannot sleep at all 

Brightness