Zopiclone - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Zopiclone

Options
2»

Comments

• Agnia
    Agnia Community member Posts: 924 Connected
    Options
    im really awake and i really need to be able to sleep 
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,446 Scope online community team
    Options
    Did you manage to get any sleep @Agnia? Hope you got some rest eventually <3
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Agnia
    Options
    Hi Rosie yes a bit thank you 
    but one tablet is too weak for me 
    im really worried because without them im not able to sleep at all and if the doctor will limit them im not able to sleep 
  • Rosie_Scope
    Options
    Glad to hear it @Agnia. That sounds really difficult. But hopefully if you're able to explain your worries your doctor might be able to help you find a plan that'll help you in the long term :)
    Rosie (she/her)

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Agnia
    Options
    Hi Rosie 
    im really worried because they said that these tablets can cause addiction but my health condition is already really bad and i really need them 
    many other things can cause addiction for people like sugar coffee bread alkohol internet cigarettes  etc 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Agnia said:
    Thank you Adrian 
    they helped a bit 
    the doctor said i can take two 
    the one tablet has 7,5 mg 
    i have only 6 left without them im not able to sleep at all completely no sleep at all 

Are you 100% sure your GP advised you can take 2? The usual dose for this is 7.5mg/night. Please be very careful about taking more medication than you should.  https://www.nhs.uk/medicines/zopiclone/how-and-when-to-take-zopiclone/

You really should be speaking to your GP with any issues you have regarding medication. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Rosie_Scope
    Options
    It's best to talk about this with your GP @Agnia, I know it can be really worrying, but they will be able to talk you through how your medications work and what dose to try, then perhaps find better solutions if they're not working out for you. I hope you're able to find a way to get some sleep soon <3
    Rosie (she/her)

• Agnia
    Options
    Yes the doctor said i can take two 
    I will ask again 
    it’s scares me if she limits these tablets because they can cause addiction but other things cause addiction as well and i really need these tablets every night 
    this place where i live is really noisy 
    im not able to go for a walk to make myself tired and to help myself to be able to sleep 
    it’s something missing in my brain that i can’t sleep and here is a constant noise from the street or neighbour slamming the doors even around midnight 

• Rosie_Scope
    edited April 1
    Options
    @Agnia Sometimes it's about quality of life as well, I'm sure your doctor will help you find a way forward. In the past my doctor has prescribed me a drug that has some serious health risks, but they weighed it up with the risks of me not taking it which ended up being worse. If you can manage to get an appointment I'm sure they'll consider all your medical history and can talk through some of your worries :)
    Rosie (she/her)

• Agnia
    Options
  • Agnia
    Options
    im not coping with anxiety 
  • Rosie_Scope
    Options
    Sorry to hear that @Agnia. Is there anything that's helped you in the past? Or anyone you could call to chat about it?
    Rosie (she/her)

• Agnia
    Options
    i was calling Samaritans in the past to talk 
  • Rosie_Scope
    Options
    That sounds like a good idea, were they helpful @Agnia? I hope you're feeling less anxious soon.
    Rosie (she/her)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.