Lie to me game — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lie to me game

Options
woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,722 Disability Gamechanger
The person above post three things about themselves, the next person decides which one  of the three is a lie and then post three about themselves one being a lie.
I'll start.

a) I once owned an off-licence.
b) I have been married twice.
c) I was involved in the early marketing of the "Tatty Ted" range.
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Comments

• Steve_in_The_City
    Steve_in_The_City Scope Member Posts: 565 Pioneering
    edited May 2023
    Options
    I don't believe C as I have never heard of "Tatty Ted"!

Here are my three:

A): I got arrested at Amsterdam Airport for terrorism

B): I made good friends with a Canadian hooker on a plane from Las Vegas and we made good emails friends for a long time

C): I have always tried to be a good guy!

Over to you. Tell us the worst!!!

• bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2023
    Options
    B, made me laugh :D

A) I once fell through a roof from top to bottom but managed to be perfectly fine,
    B ) I got asked to go on to Coronation Street,
    C) I nearly got stabbed a few years back.

I like this thread lol.
  • Steve_in_The_City
    Options
    @bg844 I like this thread, too! It's like a confessional where you are going to to tell all your dirty secrets - but being virginal I don't have many to tell - not many!

What I don't believe about you is C! Come clean, please!
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,811 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Steve_in_The_City was @bg844 correct with B for you??

Can I do one, I think I have some good ones!!

A - Vladimir Putin is the Godfather of one of my relatives.
    B - A Nigerian Prince genuinely offered me money (wasn't millions unfortunately).
    C - One of my relatives was walking from one of the Twin Towers to the other when 911 happened, which meant he survived.

I realise 2 of them are not about me but people I know because I have led a boring life lol.
  • life
    life Community member Posts: 527 Pioneering
    Options
    I don believe A,

A- I once was a pro footballer

B- my friend once paid for tickets for me and him to go to America with his parents credit card, we were 13 🤷🤷 (got caught before we went)

C- I love sushi 😁

• 66Mustang
    Options
    @life no A is true :#

I don't believe C but I hope I'm wrong as I love sushi, everyone else seems to hate it!!!
  • Steve_in_The_City
    Options
    @Mustang66 Yeah, what @bg844 at B said is sort of normal for me. So I think he or she went to Corrie. For you, Mustang, I don't think A is true, but you have to tell us! For @life tells us, I don't believe C! So Mustang, Life and bg844 come clean. tell the truth! And that goes for you too, @woodbine! Then I may tell you my truth. but probably not.... xx
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Steve_in_The_City The correct answer is… A! Wouldn’t catch me on a roof :D

Where’s yours?!
  • life
    edited May 2023
    Options
    This is getting confusing. were supposed to just guess and then go to the next person lol if we tell then there's no mystery to the game. @woodbine update the rules 😂😂 A, for me is the lie and I love sushi but only if it's from a restaurant, not that Tesco and other store made ones. 
  • life
    Options
    Wow @66Mustang Putin the godfather lol

Tell us @Steve_in_The_City I think the lie is A, for you
  • life
    Options
    life said:

B- my friend once paid for tickets for me and him to go to America with his parents credit card, we were 13 🤷🤷 (got caught before we went)

We planned for months. We wanted to go to Hollywood and be movie stars. Thought celebs would welcome us with open arms and let us stay at there mansions 😂😂 
  • woodbine
    Options
    I don't believe C as I have never heard of "Tatty Ted"!

Here are my three:

A): I got arrested at Amsterdam Airport for terrorism

B): I made good friends with a Canadian hooker on a plane from Las Vegas and we made good emails friends for a long time

C): I have always tried to be a good guy!

Over to you. Tell us the worst!!!

C was right he's the grey teddy bear, B was right been married once for 42 years, for you i's guess A

• woodbine
    Options
    Sorry but it can get confusing, try and answer the one above you and then list your own three choices.

• Steve_in_The_City
    Options
    @life My answer A is completely true! I had to go to Holland with my boss. It was a bit like The Graduate but without the sex. She was older, I was a young gay guy but I supported her in everything and she took me everywhere. I knew how to stand up for us in business. 

So we were in Holland. I have no idea where. 

We had to meet these 2 guys. Both were mercenaries. My boss told me "we have to get them drunk, darling. Then we'll know who to take on". 

Meanwhile they were talking about killing people using ordinary household chemicals.  And how to kidnap people etc. How to assinate people.

During the night it was either the heir to the Eineken  fortune or the Carlrsberg fortune got kidnapped! 
    So the barman rang the police and told them we have got English terrorists. And that is how I got arrested in Amsterdam (or wherever I was).
  • life
    Options
    Great story 👏 did they keep you locked up long? I would have ran a mile and a bit as soon as they started talking about killing with household items 😂😂
  • Steve_in_The_City
    Options
    @life No, they didn't keep me locked up for long! I was just the wrong boy at the wrong place at the wrong time! It was kind of normal for me. So as I said in my post C: I try to be a good guy, but it doesn't  always happen. 
  • Steve_in_The_City
    Options
    Here goes @66Mustang B is right for me in my post, and I think C in your post is right for you. @life I have a little story to tell you but I am a bit tired right now. Goodnight everyone. I hope you are all feeling ok and happy.
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    @life glad you like it, yes I am the same, not keen on supermarket cooked sushi, I prefer the restaurant sushi, proper raw fish. However some supermarkets have a decent sushi counter (YO Sushi or some other sushi companies) and they are quite decent if you can't get to a restaurant. Quite expensive though.

@Steve_in_The_City that was an interesting story, no for me B is the wrong one I indeed have a relative who Putin is Godfather to lol and the one about the towers is true also.

Now that Woodbine has reiterated the rules I will do 3 more to start the game rolling again...they will be boring though as I have exhausted anything vaguely interesting about my life...

a) I have never broken a bone in my life
    b) I tried to join MI5 and got through the first round then failed
    c) I witnessed a nasty assault which resulted in a death
  • Steve_in_The_City
    Options
    Would someone put me right please. Are we meant to say 3 things, but one of the 3 is a lie? Can we then discuss those 3 things?
  • louise321
    louise321 Scope Member Posts: 58 Courageous
    Options
    A- I used to be a police officer
    B- I shook hands with Stormzy
    C- I used to live 7 Minutes away     from Jason Statham 

Over to u 🌻

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.