Need another fit note . - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Need another fit note .

Options
2»

Comments

• stay_positive
    stay_positive Community member Posts: 243 Pioneering
    Options
    WhatThe said:

What I've read is that you should ask your GP to write a letter for DWP stating that s/he has previously issued 'fit notes' - Med 3 certificates - for you, that you receive (disability benefit) and that your conditions will not improve

Hello, My gp is useless , I haven't worked for 30 years , my mental has won't improve I have had this since age 7 , I have my phone assessment for wca 10th October , my health condition concerning the cancer although has been removed I am now having every three monthly follow up care for three years because of my fear of cancer . I also have sleep apnea where i stop breathing 39 times an hour and in the process of finding the right mask as the first two have been unsuccessful , so waiting for a different one , if that fails I have to go into hospital for a sleep assessment by a sleep therapist . 

My GP are not very understanding , I mean how is it possible for me to work and my husband who is my carer to go to work with me ? I do not leave the house without him because of my agoraphobia , so the GP and my husband had a bit of a heated conversation on the phone , in the end I asked them to stop because it was causing me extreme anxiety , my GP was getting very heated , he said he has been filling fit notes in for 30 years and that he was right and my husband was wrong . 

So now I am waiting for the wca phone call and then their decision . 
    Thank you so much for you reply to me , sorry its taken a while I haven't been on the internet for a few weeks .
  • WhatThe
    WhatThe Community member, Scope Member Posts: 999 Pioneering
    Options

Hi again,

Did you previously claim ESA or IB and is this your first UC claim and assessment or a repeat?

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,875 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    WhatThe said:

Hi again,

Did you previously claim ESA or IB and is this your first UC claim and assessment or a repeat?

Having advised stay positive about the whole process since they claimed UC they were not claiming ESA previously. 

They were claiming Working Tax credits with their partner before claiming UC. Therefore this is their first WCA. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • WhatThe
    Options

Hi again,

I found this on the BMA website -

• If your patient’s condition has affected their function for some time without a previous fit note being issued, you must enter an estimated date that their function was affected from in the 'this will be the case from' field.

I hope you can persuade your gp to make this amendment on a new fitness for work statement (Med 3)

• WhatThe
    Options

If your gp doesn't know you well, could this be why he ticked the box suggesting you could work? I don't know when you last saw him but that's not much help. 
    In person, armed with the BMA reference, you might get the right statement for you.

(As a woman, you may find a female GP more understanding - I always have)

The rules for providing medical evidence in the form of a Med 3 certificate were watered down by the Welfare Reform and Work Act 2016. Your GP will know this; less likely the policy behind it. Submit any relevant reports and medication history to support your claim instead.

I asked you about any previous disability claim because I saw an email from DWP to my GP regarding a completed ESA50 form. The printer then spat out a completed UC50 form  :o

• poppy123456
    Options
    If you have problems getting a fit note from a GP you can now get them from the following medical professionals…. Nurse’s, occupational therapists, pharmacists and physiotherapists.
    Full guidance here. 
    https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/who-can-issue-fit-notes-guidance-for-healthcare-professionals-and-their-employers/who-can-issue-fit-notes-guidance-for-healthcare-professionals-and-their-employers
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • stay_positive
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Poppy I asked the lung function nurse to write a fit note ,but he said he isn't allowed to and it has to be my GP . My next fit note is due 23rd November , hope the wca assessment don't take long for a decision , but my GP said he would write another one out , so I don't know what he is playing at saying I could get a job in an environment with very few people and my carer aka my husband can go with me ,I have a friend who is a GP and he said it's stupid to suggest it and he said my GP is being arrogant , I would change GP's and have my friend as my GP , but he moved to Canada .

I also have a good friend who is a chemist but I don't get any prescriptions as too scared to take medications , but I assume he could only give a fit note if I get prescriptions ?
  • stay_positive
    Options
    WhatThe said:

Hi again,

I found this on the BMA website -

• If your patient’s condition has affected their function for some time without a previous fit note being issued, you must enter an estimated date that their function was affected from in the 'this will be the case from' field.

I hope you can persuade your gp to make this amendment on a new fitness for work statement (Med 3)

I'm not sure it matters what he put on the fit note , what he suggested is ridiculous , I am getting really anxious now and petrified for the assessment , i know they are going to try and trip me up , like on the pip call , i was asked if i'd ever worked and i said yes cleaning offices 30 years ago but had to leave because of my anxiety , then on the pip report she said I was obviously well educated or words of that kind as I'd done office work , that was incorrect I cleaned the floors and dusted . They twist words , and that lost me points . Now on top of this I have to have another phone assessment and now don't feel confident as i don't see a psychiatrist , I cannot self refer and I am going through the process of counselling and hopefully a psychiatrist . 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I thought you had a paper based assessment for your PIP? Or have I got that wrong? 

The WCA is a completely different benefit to PIP and claiming one doesn’t automatically entitle you to the other. Please note that I’m not saying you’re not entitled. 

I agree with what you said that it doesn’t matter at all what’s put on a fit note.

Its perfectly normal for you to feel this way while waiting for your assessment and I’ve never known anyone be any different. 

One good thing is that more than 60% of people are found to have LCWRA and that’s quite a high figure. Not seeing a psychiatrist doesn’t make any difference anyway. 

I know it’s difficult but please try not to let it get to you and try to focus on something else while you wait for the assessment appointment in a couple of weeks. 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,127 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2023
    Options
    I think, altho everyone has been well intentioned, that you should be guided, & trust what poppy has said here & on your other posts. No -one is going to trip you up, & it doesn't matter what was put on your fit note. poppy would probably be the last to say that I know her benefits knowledge is immense, but I also read, & check all the links she provides to be sure myself, purely because that's the only way I can learn (she has also recently checked one of mine to be sure). It's what we do, to ensure the best available knowledge is there for our members; poppy first, & always first most.
    Try to relax, no-one wishes you to be so anxious, we all want the best for you. Regain your confidence, you can do this, &, as poppy says, there's a good success rate. Having such a good username, do stay positive.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I thought i replied to your comment chiarieds, i must have been more tired than i thought last night! Anyway, thank you for those lovely kind words, they are appreciated! :)
  • WhatThe
    Options

Oh I read or misread this -

in the box on the fit not he has put a cross in the 'you may be fit for work taking into account of the following advice .

Perhaps what I've posted will help somebody else
    Good luck

• stay_positive
    edited September 2023
    Options
    poppy , yes i did have a paper assessment for pip , but i got a call just to  check on some things and then I was awarded .
  • stay_positive
    Options
    chiarieds said:
    I think, altho everyone has been well intentioned, that you should be guided, & trust what poppy has said here & on your other posts. No -one is going to trip you up, & it doesn't matter what was put on your fit note. poppy would probably be the last to say that I know her benefits knowledge is immense, but I also read, & check all the links she provides to be sure myself, purely because that's the only way I can learn (she has also recently checked one of mine to be sure). It's what we do, to ensure the best available knowledge is there for our members; poppy first, & always first most.
    Try to relax, no-one wishes you to be so anxious, we all want the best for you. Regain your confidence, you can do this, &, as poppy says, there's a good success rate. Having such a good username, do stay positive.
    Thank you and  that is why I like this forum , I don't think I could have got through all the things without this group and poppy's knowledge , she is a star :):smile: I appreciate all who have helped me .
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Thank you stay_positive, that's very kind of you!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.