Autumn statement. lcrwa.u/c. wca.confused — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Autumn statement. lcrwa.u/c. wca.confused

Options
Marley30
Marley30 Community member Posts: 63 Connected
Hello, after reading the news and comments I still can't get my tiny pea brain Around this.. so for lcrwa the wca are scrapped ? For existing claims... quoted below. ..I'm confused as I had my assessment 2019 lcrwa. But updated my journal since (last year) advising them of new diagnosis (s) So, does that mean as I've told them of a new illness I will still need a wca? Or after 2024 or 2025 oh I'm so confused..

*These changes will mean that almost all people who are currently assessed as having LCWRA will never face a WCA reassessment again

. Reassessments will only take place under very limited circumstances, which are:

• When a claimant reports a change of circumstances in their health condition;  "

• So I had my assessment 2019 lcrwa 

Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,664 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2023
    Options
    At the moment there's no changes for anyone and everything remains as it is now. If changes do happen (and we have a general election next year) then it will be for new claims from 2025. Other than that you don't need to worry right now.

Having said that if you were found to have LCWRA in 2019 then i don't understand why you reported a new diagnosis last year? A diagnosis is irrelevant for the WCA and as you already have LCWRA it means you  have the highest award and no new diagnosis or worsening of health condition will change that. You need to be very very careful about reporting such changes.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Marley30
    Options
    Oh ok, I see thanks poppy I'll read that thread too, oh I don't know I just thought I had to tell them and update illness as there is a page to add? So thought I had too. And the work coach said ThanKS for updating. Oh dear. Should of kept quiet.. 😔 sometimes can't do right for doing wrong lol. So do you think I will be In The group of needing a wca as Ive made this "change? " It's not really a change tho, I just let them know and added illnesses. Confused sorry 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    The changes you made last year won't affect any possible changes in the future.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Marley30
    Options
    Ok, but because I made a "change" I will or could get a wca before 2025, sorry poppy I'm so confused 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    The change you made last year is irrelevant because nothing happened and you weren't referred for another WCA. Anyone can be reviewed anytime up until 2025, once the reviews start back fully.
  • Marley30
    Options
    Ah ok, still confused as it says anyone on lcrwa that there will be no more wca's . So still confused. I'll just wait and see what happens as it just isn't going in and Im stressing.anxiety more and probably stressing you out  
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Marley30 I think the biggest thing to remember is that these are proposals / goals for the party from the Autumn Statement. We have seen the government make many U-turns, so they may not happen. And if were to start actioning them, it'll take time, they will be challenged, and we have another election to get through too! So, I question how much it will be a priority when campaigning starts.

I'm so sorry it has stressed you out. If you feel you need to talk to someone, SHOUT is a brilliant 24/7 mental health texting service. 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Marley30
    Options
    Thankyou so much @Hannah_Scope thank you I will look at shout, definitely need this at the moment 🙏 like many of course x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.