Recieved 12th called 15th and said declined renewal? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Recieved 12th called 15th and said declined renewal?

Options
lozzadee
lozzadee Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited February 1 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I sent back my daughters dla renewal then I got 190 on 14th.
she's had extra issues such as hypermobility and for refusal so when i called on 15th just to check what the 190 is..... he said they've denied it as they spoke to a teacher at the school who said nothing wrong with my daughter? I mean the child is never at school due to anxiety so I have no idea how they even would get this assumption? 
I haven't yet got a text or anything or a letter. 

Does this sound right? 

Comments

• TheManFromLondon
    TheManFromLondon Community member Posts: 268 Pioneering
    Options
    lozzadee said:
    Hi I sent back my daughters dla renewal then I got 190 on 14th.
    she's had extra issues such as hypermobility and for refusal so when i called on 15th just to check what the 190 is..... he said they've denied it as they spoke to a teacher at the school who said nothing wrong with my daughter? I mean the child is never at school due to anxiety so I have no idea how they even would get this assumption? 
    I haven't yet got a text or anything or a letter. 

Does this sound right? 
    Only you know if that sounds right. What anyone in a forum can tell you, that its normal people, and in this case teachers, to lie? Raise a complaint with the school, ask a reference number, raise an MR for your daughter's claim.
  • lozzadee
    Options
    I 100% will but also wondered if they are allowed to tell us this 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,605 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    lozzadee said:
    I 100% will but also wondered if they are allowed to tell us this 
    Allowed to tell you what? Refusals do happen. If you disagree then you can request the MR which should be put in writing. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lozzadee
    Options
    No as in is this something they are able to tell us about the teacher thats all. 
    I will be doing an MR x
  • MW123
    MW123 Scope Member Posts: 489 Pioneering
    Options
    @lozzadee

It's reasonable to expect that the school would provide evaluations based on your daughter's attendance at school on better days when she is fit to attend contributing to the overall assessment process. 

The DWP has the authority to seek information from various sources, including schools, during the evaluation of disability benefit claims. If you're inquiring whether the DWP can share details about the teacher's assessment of your daughter, I think this would be acceptable as long as they do not disclose the teacher's name, ensuring compliance with GDPR privacy standards. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.