Keepsakes — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Keepsakes

Options
Biblioklept
Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
Does anyone else not really have any photos or keepsakes from their childhood?

If you do have some, what sort of things do you have?? <3

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,673 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm not a great one for things I can take them or leave them to be honest, the only thing I really treasure is a wrist watch that was my grandads 21st birthday present in 1931 
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,697 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 26
    Options
    I am really bad at not throwing stuff away, I seem to find an emotional reason to keep everything!

One thing I did do relatively recently, was throw away almost all of my school books and other school stuff (about 2 big boxes full). For some reason I only recently identified that because I had a pretty awful time at school the memories that the items were bringing back were not good ones, so it was better to get rid of them
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I keep everything :D and if not physically, then digitally. 

I have a few trinkets like my first booties and cardigan from when I was a baby. I have concert tickets and other nicknacks to remind me of events I attended growing up. 

I have lots of family photos! My grandma calls me the family historian! :D
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • JessieJ
    JessieJ Community member Posts: 505 Pioneering
    Options
    The last pound note my nan gave me before she died, over 50 years ago.
  • Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 20,432 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 26
    Options
    I have a Tigger from when I was a child so loved and cuddled he has no stripes left. When my children were younger they always wanted a Tigger cuddle if they were unwell to help them get better. 

Here he is.

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,697 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • Zimba
    Zimba Community member Posts: 1,873 Pioneering
    Options
    I have a musical teddy bear from my childhood. 
  • Ada
    Ada Scope Member Posts: 14,513 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    All I have is. A infant school photo of myself that I found on line. When I ran away from home at 13 because of my mothers husband my mother threw Everything away that was anything to do with me. 

Spending childhood and a few times in my twenties and thirties And forties literally on the streets. I’m not a “stuff” person.
    Just enough of everything we need. I don’t like stuff around the house just say there like ornaments etc. 
    For me life isn’t about stuff. 
    Even throwing out a year old new cooker because I couldn’t stand long enough to cook. Rather then leave it or sell it. 
    However I do spoil Betty ( dog) with loads things. 

But I love other folk that have things from their history. And hope their memories are full of love and empathy 
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,280 Scope online community team
    Options
    I keep all sorts of things. I've got the first CD I bought, notebooks from when I was little, a couple of cuddly toys, and lots of photos. I've even got a little plastic cup that I used to drink from at my granny's house. I'm quite sentimental about objects so it takes a lot for me to get rid of things that hold good memories!
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.