Keepsakes — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Keepsakes

Options
Biblioklept
Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,698 Disability Gamechanger
Does anyone else not really have any photos or keepsakes from their childhood?

If you do have some, what sort of things do you have?? <3

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,764 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm not a great one for things I can take them or leave them to be honest, the only thing I really treasure is a wrist watch that was my grandads 21st birthday present in 1931 
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,925 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 26
    Options
    I am really bad at not throwing stuff away, I seem to find an emotional reason to keep everything!

One thing I did do relatively recently, was throw away almost all of my school books and other school stuff (about 2 big boxes full). For some reason I only recently identified that because I had a pretty awful time at school the memories that the items were bringing back were not good ones, so it was better to get rid of them
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I keep everything :D and if not physically, then digitally. 

I have a few trinkets like my first booties and cardigan from when I was a baby. I have concert tickets and other nicknacks to remind me of events I attended growing up. 

I have lots of family photos! My grandma calls me the family historian! :D
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • JessieJ
    JessieJ Community member Posts: 516 Pioneering
    Options
    The last pound note my nan gave me before she died, over 50 years ago.
  • Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 21,400 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 26
    Options
    I have a Tigger from when I was a child so loved and cuddled he has no stripes left. When my children were younger they always wanted a Tigger cuddle if they were unwell to help them get better. 

Here he is.

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,925 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • Zimba
    Zimba Community member Posts: 1,873 Pioneering
    Options
    I have a musical teddy bear from my childhood. 
  • Ada
    Ada Scope Member Posts: 15,109 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    All I have is. A infant school photo of myself that I found on line. When I ran away from home at 13 because of my mothers husband my mother threw Everything away that was anything to do with me. 

Spending childhood and a few times in my twenties and thirties And forties literally on the streets. I’m not a “stuff” person.
    Just enough of everything we need. I don’t like stuff around the house just say there like ornaments etc. 
    For me life isn’t about stuff. 
    Even throwing out a year old new cooker because I couldn’t stand long enough to cook. Rather then leave it or sell it. 
    However I do spoil Betty ( dog) with loads things. 

But I love other folk that have things from their history. And hope their memories are full of love and empathy 
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,446 Scope online community team
    Options
    I keep all sorts of things. I've got the first CD I bought, notebooks from when I was little, a couple of cuddly toys, and lots of photos. I've even got a little plastic cup that I used to drink from at my granny's house. I'm quite sentimental about objects so it takes a lot for me to get rid of things that hold good memories!
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness