If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC compliance ongoing for 5 months

Options
13»

Comments

• letitbe
    letitbe Community member Posts: 340 Pioneering
    Options
    JaneyJo said:
    Also I should add my branch manager has written me a letter (headed paper the lot) with a list of all acc numbers I have ever held. That’s who she wants to call but he is saying without a court order it’s not possible for him to discuss my accounts or lack of.
    so I’m not “frustrating” the process I cannot change the law to suit her
    From what I’ve read I thought it would be an easy process to get access to bank I didn’t know they needed court order 
  • JaneyJo
    JaneyJo Community member Posts: 34 Listener
    Options
    You can be out of the country for 3 months on pip but for UC it’s 4 weeks (longer if for authorised medical attention) 

they can request your bank statements and I know they have these new powers going through but as far as I’m aware and have been informed via CAB they need a court order to access your accounts without a A42 or your express permission.

im not an expert though so happy to be corrected 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,049 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    letitbe said:
    letitbe said:
    JaneyJo said:
    Another note for people, they can see where you log into your UC account from, I assume via IP addresses.
    this morning she asked “why are you in London can I ask” 
    I replied that I wasn’t. “Well I can see where you are from your log in information “
    im nowhere near London so why on earth my IP is showing that I don’t know but I suspect this is also going to be something I have to disprove (which I can with bank transactions etc)
    WHAT ???? 
    They actually know when we log in ? And they know where we log in from ? This is UNBELIEVABLE 
    Yes, this is not new information.  They use it to determine whether a claimant is in the UK or not.  For this reason, it's best to never use a VPN to access the UC journal.
    Yes, there’s been a couple of members here that were accused of being out of the country when they weren’t. They were asked to send a picture of their self outside their house holding their passport. 
    I thought you were allowed to be out of the Country for 3 months ? 

Not for UC it isn’t. For UC it’s no more than 1 month. Any longer than this and entitlement to UC will end. Can be up to 6 months if going for medical treatment. 

For PIP it’s 13 weeks. It can be up to 26 weeks if going for medical treatment. 

The day you leave the country and come home are not included. 

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • letitbe
    letitbe Community member Posts: 340 Pioneering
    Options
    letitbe said:
    letitbe said:
    JaneyJo said:
    Another note for people, they can see where you log into your UC account from, I assume via IP addresses.
    this morning she asked “why are you in London can I ask” 
    I replied that I wasn’t. “Well I can see where you are from your log in information “
    im nowhere near London so why on earth my IP is showing that I don’t know but I suspect this is also going to be something I have to disprove (which I can with bank transactions etc)
    WHAT ???? 
    They actually know when we log in ? And they know where we log in from ? This is UNBELIEVABLE 
    Yes, this is not new information.  They use it to determine whether a claimant is in the UK or not.  For this reason, it's best to never use a VPN to access the UC journal.
    Yes, there’s been a couple of members here that were accused of being out of the country when they weren’t. They were asked to send a picture of their self outside their house holding their passport. 
    I thought you were allowed to be out of the Country for 3 months ? 

Not for UC it isn’t. For UC it’s no more than 1 month. Any longer than this and entitlement to UC will end. Can be up to 6 months if going for medical treatment. 

For PIP it’s 13 weeks. It can be up to 26 weeks if going for medical treatment. 

The day you leave the country and come home are not included. 

Ok thank you . 
    I haven’t been out the country in 12 years but this is good to know . 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.