Care and money stopped, waiting 18 weeks for reconsideration, help appreciated — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Care and money stopped, waiting 18 weeks for reconsideration, help appreciated

janetchaston Member Posts: 1
I wished I had taped my assessment for PIP!! Disabled on DLA and stopped care and money! Still waiting mandatory reconsideration! Now 18 wks!! Keep ringing but they say 9 to 16 wks is guidelines!!! If have to appeal they say can take months yrs!! No wonder there are so many deaths!!! They should have time limit by law!!  Its unbearable waiting!!! The lady assessor who came to my house! Wrote a report of lies!!! Her words not mine!! You can request to be recorded!! But they don't tell you!!! Petition ongoing to make all assessments recorded!!!!     I have emailed my MP!! And raised poor administration as CAB said too!! The DWP said we will write to you in 3 weeks and say Sorry!!  Sorry dosnt get my care n money back!!! Any help appreciated!!!


  • Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Hi @janetchaston,

    18 weeks and the mandatory reconsideration isn't done yet?! This is far too long. From what we hear at the helpline the MRs are usually conducted really quite quickly. I think 18 weeks is definitely the longest I've heard of. 

    You're right about being able to record assessments but it's the claimants responsibility to provide the recording equipment. We looked into the costs of finding the right equipment and it wasn't cheap. I would be interested to hear if anyone has recorded their assessments and where they found the recording equipment and the costs involved.

    You've done all the right things by contacting your MP and raising a complaint with the DWP. Please do let us know how you get on.

    Best wishes


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.