Care and money stopped, waiting 18 weeks for reconsideration, help appreciated — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Care and money stopped, waiting 18 weeks for reconsideration, help appreciated

Options
janetchaston
janetchaston Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I wished I had taped my assessment for PIP!! Disabled on DLA and stopped care and money! Still waiting mandatory reconsideration! Now 18 wks!! Keep ringing but they say 9 to 16 wks is guidelines!!! If have to appeal they say can take months yrs!! No wonder there are so many deaths!!! They should have time limit by law!!  Its unbearable waiting!!! The lady assessor who came to my house! Wrote a report of lies!!! Her words not mine!! You can request to be recorded!! But they don't tell you!!! Petition ongoing to make all assessments recorded!!!!     I have emailed my MP!! And raised poor administration as CAB said too!! The DWP said we will write to you in 3 weeks and say Sorry!!  Sorry dosnt get my care n money back!!! Any help appreciated!!!

Comments

• Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @janetchaston,

18 weeks and the mandatory reconsideration isn't done yet?! This is far too long. From what we hear at the helpline the MRs are usually conducted really quite quickly. I think 18 weeks is definitely the longest I've heard of. 

You're right about being able to record assessments but it's the claimants responsibility to provide the recording equipment. We looked into the costs of finding the right equipment and it wasn't cheap. I would be interested to hear if anyone has recorded their assessments and where they found the recording equipment and the costs involved.

You've done all the right things by contacting your MP and raising a complaint with the DWP. Please do let us know how you get on.

Best wishes
    Debbie

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.