If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Dla to pip

stosto Member Posts: 9 Listener
I care for my x partner she gets dla and was asked to go onto pip they did not recieve her form i posted it with extra stamps we told them this.they sent a second form how your disabilty affacts you but suspended her dla.we sent this back recorded which they got but have kept her dla suspended.I read the legalisation.gov.uk rules 2013 no 387 regulation 10 explanatary note which says upon gthem getting second form dla os reinstated like it was never suspended.We rang to tell them thos also cab did they said no we will backdate it when pip decision is made as thats whats been said in manditory reconsideration which cab told them but why have you done mand recon when you have sent her a second form which you now have but kept her dla suspended agin they said mand recon was done first time and agreed to backdated.but cab said you know she sent her first but she should have an extra 28 days anyway then dla suspension lifted they sad no tmand recon was done. Thats first problem second she has epilepsy,depression,ptsd the ptsd is bad it causes non epiletic fits.i the carer do not live with her but go the house from 6 am to 11pm 7 days a week because her dla is suspended my carers as stopped.Is there safeguarding rules for mental health at all?.she also told them she would lose her carer which she desperate needs which they said we cant help that its not upto them.She as cut herself in the past also!.now i am not a selfish git but i can no longer go care for her and if your wondering why and say carry on till her pip is done well heres why i live in a apartment rent paid as i got carers this is stopped now because i cant get a job straight away unless im lucky i have at to go work for agency so i can pay my rent or i will lose apartment and have no where to live.So she is now alone with all the above problems.Any advice on all these matters would be great.thankyou


  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,257 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi sto and welcome

    It is good that you have help from CAB
    It would be a good idea to get your local MP involved as they can often hurry things up.
    You may be able to get help with rent etc. by declaring nil or low income to your local council

    Other members/ advisors may well have better/ more advice for you.
    Please do ask any more questions and we will try and help

    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • stosto Member Posts: 9 Listener
    Hi thanks for reply cab cant do no more.my local mp is karen bradley conservative and is known from piers morgan show.she is well known for ignoring people with benefit problems which i now believe she does also i have emailed her with no reply.
  • stosto Member Posts: 9 Listener
    I also emailed ssac to ask about certain rules no reply from them either but thats no surprise either.
  • MatildaMatilda Member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger

    It's a good idea to send any important communications by post, recorded delivery.  Paper communications, sent by recorded delivery, are less easy to ignore than emails.  And always keep a copy of every document/letter sent.
  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,257 Disability Gamechanger
    On monday give the Scope help line a call. They might be able to give you some help

    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to hear that you've had such a struggle so far, @sto. I can only imagine how frustrating this must all have been on both you and your partner. How are you getting on? Has there been any further progress over the weekend?
Sign in or join us to comment.