Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is JanetCollins!
I am recently separated and struggling with all the forms etc. My son will become my carer but he has his own business which he runs from home and I don't want him giving up on his own dreams because of me. My health problems are numerous and complicated and aggravated by stress, at the moment I have some DLA coming in but nothing else. My DLA does not even cover my rent so to be honest I am not sure what way to turn. I also have a disabled daughter who lives about 30 minutes away with her wonderful partner and my beautiful 6 year old granddaughter
- 53.9K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 153 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 791 Work and employment
- 588 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 290 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 265 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.6K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 686 Chronic pain and pain management
- 704 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.