Hi, my name is JanetCollins! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is JanetCollins!

Options
JanetCollins
JanetCollins Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I am recently separated and struggling with all the forms etc. My son will become my carer but he has his own business which he runs from home and I don't want him giving up on his own dreams because of me. My health problems are numerous and complicated and aggravated by stress, at the moment I have some DLA coming in but nothing else. My DLA does not even cover my rent so to be honest I am not sure what way to turn. I also have a disabled daughter who lives about 30 minutes away with her wonderful partner and my beautiful 6 year old granddaughter 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @JanetCollins

A very very big welcome to you this evening.

You have come to the right place for both "help & support !!!!!!

We have got a "Benefit Calculator" on our site which is a good start to be honest.

Do you want me to help you with this as it will let you know what "Benefits" are avalible for you ????

Please let me know how you feel ????

Many thanks.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @JanetCollins, welcome to the community!

As Steve says, putting your details into the online benefits calculator could be a good way of seeing if you're entitled to any additional support. You might also want to consider Carers' Allowance for your son. Have a look at the information on these pages and just come back to us if you have any further questions!

Brightness