Hi, my name is lilmo! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is lilmo!

Options
lilmo
lilmo Community member Posts: 6 Listener

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @lilmo   Pleased to meet you welcome.

We are a supportive friendly community. Care and share.

Lots of information, advice, new friends.

Ask the community some one will know.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @lilmo
    Welcome to the community! Would you mind telling us a bit about yourself?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • lilmo
    Options
    I am a 53 year old woman, I have been registered disabled since 2012 after a man fell on me from the top deck of a bus in Edinburgh. I was eventually awarded high rate DLA which ended in May. I had an embarrassing medical and because of the answers I gave, my benefit was downgraded to standard rate. I lost my motability car and I now spend most days in my house because walking is excruciating, bus travel can have me sobbing on the bus,so unless I have to go out, I  don't. I have appealed the decision and now I'm just waiting on a date for a tribunal which terrifies me
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @lilmo
    I am so sorry for what you've been through, many members have experienced the tribunal process and I'm sure they will be happy to help you by giving advice and tips to prepare. :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hi @limo and a warm welcome to the community. Thank you for taking the time to talk to us about this. If you make a post on the DLA page then I hope we would be able to help with this stage of your claim. I hope you find the community a supportive place and please do let us know if there is anything that we can do :)
    Scope

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @lilmo   Thought I would like to offer my support if I can as a community member.

Understand your situation and I am afraid lost my car. So have to look at alternatives.

Looking at taxis. Could be a possible answer to yourself. I was thinking the story you have told about the bus. I myself have walking issues and get constant pain.

Always had a car for twenty years or more. Now can not afford one. Use on line shopping and I have found my stress levels.  Gone down.  Doing that.

It is just the anxiety and the unknown about the future.

I hope I can be positive and give you any support if you need it. We are a community who try and help each other.

Have you got any body to help you at the tribunal.  Something to consider. I wish you well for a successful outcome.

Pleasure to meet you

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • lilmo
    Options
    I would do online but since May someone has made repeated attempts to hack my bank account. Having already had my identity stolen my trust is gone. I can only go food shopping if my daughter is available to carry it
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @lilmo
    There is a free Open University course about essential cyber security knowledge and skills, to help protect your digital life that you may be interested in?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • lilmo
    Options
    Thank You, I  will look it up

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.