Hi, my name is lilmo! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is lilmo!

lilmo
lilmo Community member Posts: 6 Listener

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @lilmo   Pleased to meet you welcome.

We are a supportive friendly community. Care and share.

Lots of information, advice, new friends.

Ask the community some one will know.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lilmo
    Welcome to the community! Would you mind telling us a bit about yourself?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • lilmo
    I am a 53 year old woman, I have been registered disabled since 2012 after a man fell on me from the top deck of a bus in Edinburgh. I was eventually awarded high rate DLA which ended in May. I had an embarrassing medical and because of the answers I gave, my benefit was downgraded to standard rate. I lost my motability car and I now spend most days in my house because walking is excruciating, bus travel can have me sobbing on the bus,so unless I have to go out, I  don't. I have appealed the decision and now I'm just waiting on a date for a tribunal which terrifies me
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lilmo
    I am so sorry for what you've been through, many members have experienced the tribunal process and I'm sure they will be happy to help you by giving advice and tips to prepare. :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2018
    Hi @limo and a warm welcome to the community. Thank you for taking the time to talk to us about this. If you make a post on the DLA page then I hope we would be able to help with this stage of your claim. I hope you find the community a supportive place and please do let us know if there is anything that we can do :)
    Scope

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @lilmo   Thought I would like to offer my support if I can as a community member.

Understand your situation and I am afraid lost my car. So have to look at alternatives.

Looking at taxis. Could be a possible answer to yourself. I was thinking the story you have told about the bus. I myself have walking issues and get constant pain.

Always had a car for twenty years or more. Now can not afford one. Use on line shopping and I have found my stress levels.  Gone down.  Doing that.

It is just the anxiety and the unknown about the future.

I hope I can be positive and give you any support if you need it. We are a community who try and help each other.

Have you got any body to help you at the tribunal.  Something to consider. I wish you well for a successful outcome.

Pleasure to meet you

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • lilmo
    I would do online but since May someone has made repeated attempts to hack my bank account. Having already had my identity stolen my trust is gone. I can only go food shopping if my daughter is available to carry it
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @lilmo
    There is a free Open University course about essential cyber security knowledge and skills, to help protect your digital life that you may be interested in?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • lilmo
    Thank You, I  will look it up

Brightness