Welcomes and introductions
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

hello, im new here

mrbuttonsmrbuttons Member Posts: 221 Pioneering
hello
 imnew to this forum and would like to say HI"

Replies

• emmarenshawemmarenshaw Member Posts: 712 Pioneering
    Hello @mrbuttons a warm welcome to the community.
  • Ami2301Ami2301 Member Posts: 7,418 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mrbuttons and welcome to the community! Would you like to tell us a bit about yourself? :) 
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • AnkyieSponAnkyieSpon Member Posts: 138 Pioneering
    Hi @mrbuttons welcome to the community. Tell us a little about your self. 
    Tina 
    (Ankyie Spon)
    I'm a Pain Warrior
  • mrbuttonsmrbuttons Member Posts: 221 Pioneering
    Hi all and thanks for the lovely warm welcome. Despite my username i am female, my cat walked over my keyboard as i was joining up. Hes such a curious little furbaby.

I have a Dwp assessment in 2wks and im absolutely terrified. I suffer with chronic pain from arthritis and fibromyalgia. Also recovering from a stroke which has left me with balance problems and weakness on one side of my body, along with anxiety and depression. The thought of being prodded and interrogated by a stranger fills me with terror because i have ptsd following a recent assault.

Im generally optimistic and level headed but my pain has been awful lately and i can get a bit emotional at times.

I joined up here on the advice of my lovely carer. She thought i would benefit from being part of an online community because i dont go out much and i like to think i can offer a supportive, friendly shoulder to others in a similar situation as me.
  • thespicemanthespiceman Member Posts: 6,408 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @mrbuttons    Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions.  We guide, advise and help new members who join the community.

Please have a look around our forum and community. Please feel free to join in discussions. Hope you enjoy your time with us.  We are friendly.

Please ask if we can help and advise on anything.  Some one will know a member of our team or a member of our community.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • pollyanna1052pollyanna1052 Member Posts: 1,998 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello Mr Buttons. Glad you found us and this is a supportive group. I`ve been a member a couple of months and really enjoy chatting here.

I had my PIP f2f assessment on 3rd and am dreading the letter coming. I`ve decided against asking for a copy of the report, as if it isnt good, I`ll fret myself daft.

I truly hope you get the right result. xxx
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mrbuttons and a very warm welcome to the community! Thank you taking the time to share this with us all and if you have any questions then please do let us know!

If you would like a good natter with us all then the coffee lounge is a great place to start. :)
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
  • AilsAils Member Posts: 2,268 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mrbuttons and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I am sorry to hear of your struggles and really hope your DWP assessment goes well for you.  Please let us know how you get on.  It is only natural to feel apprehensive about it.  Do you have someone who can accompany you to the assessment for moral support?  You will find the Community to be a lovely, supportive space with lots of friendly people on it, all ready to have a chat to you anytime.  Please look around the site and join in any discussions you fancy.  I have pain a lot too so can appreciate how debilitating this can be at times, but you will receive so much support here.  So please feel free to let us know if there is anything we can help you with.  

I have a cat too who likes to walk across my laptop keyboard when I type.  They are nosy creatures, aren't they?!  

All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,923

Scope community team

Great to have you with us @mrbuttons. Please let us know if there's anything we can help you with.
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
  • Philippa1961Philippa1961 Member Posts: 19 Courageous
    I suffer with osteoarthritis so know how painful that can be but it does help to know that others understand.  I have four cats - Grace, Peggy-Sue, Storm and Shadow - plus two dogs called Cassie and Bandit, having pets helps doesn't it..,
    Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you can go, just remember how far you have come. remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome.
    @Philippa1961 you are right, our pets are such a comfort when things are going badly. my cat, mr buttons is a warm and fluffy  cuddle monster on days i am stuck in bed nursing my pain. they seem to know when we are unwell or in need of comfort. on good days his silly antics keep me entertained. where would we be without them?
    Hi @mrbuttons, how are you and Mr Buttons doing today? :)
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    @Chloe_Scopethanks for asking Chloe. i didnt get much sleep last night, worrying about my f2f assessment tomorrow . my carer is due to come with me but i have convinced myself that she wont be able to.
    i tend to over think things when i worry nonstop. i used to be much worse and have self harmed in the past, i know i am no longer at risk of that  kind of behaviour, but i still dont react well to the prolonged stress and distress of the re-assessment process.

i am sure i will feel better tomorrow after the assessment regardless of how it goes. just having it over and done with will be a wight off my mind regardless of the outcome
    i'm having a good cry to release some stress at the moment.i will do my best to get some sleep tonight so i can deal with the 20 mile journey tomorrow.

i hope everyone else is doing well today. keep you collective chins up. they cant beat us ALL down.

Hi @mrbuttons, really sorry to hear you haven't had much sleep and have been upset and worried about your assessment tomorrow.  I agree that sometimes a good cry can help at times!  I hope it goes well for you tomorrow and please let us know how you get on.  All the best.  :smile:
  • AnkyieSponAnkyieSpon Member Posts: 138 Pioneering
    @mrbuttons cats are great at making us feel better when we are down or in pain. I have one too and she's anxious like me 😂 but she is just the therapy that's needed.
    You can't help the way you feel, I'm an over thinker too and it's got me in a right old state over the years. I'm learning now with CBT therapy to change the way I think, I highly recommend it and maybe you should try some meditation and aromatherapy too. Stress aggrevates pain so the more we relax the better. 
    I hope your assessment goes well, just be honest and say everything you need to say. Good luck and let us know. 
    Tina 
    (Ankyie Spon)
    I'm a Pain Warrior
    Hi @mrbuttons, I'm sorry to hear it has been affecting your sleep. I hope you managed to get some rest.

I wish you all the luck today! :)
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
  • LadyonWheelsLadyonWheels Member Posts: 8 Courageous
    Hello 
    I'm new here myself. 
    Welcome to the Community 
  • paffuto10paffuto10 Member Posts: 388 Pioneering

@mrbuttons

Another one here wishing you luck for today.

Hope it goes smoothly for you and that you can catch up on your sleep tonight. 
  • GamerGirl37GamerGirl37 Member Posts: 94 Pioneering
    Hi everyone I’m new trying to get a mandatory reconsideration notice then getting told my information was not received by them ..... 
    Hi @GamerGirl37 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  I'm sorry to hear of this.  Many of our members also have or had DWP struggles, as I have had, and can relate to what you are going through as it must be really frustrating!   You may find Scope's info about this helpful:-

https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/challenging-PIP-or-other-benefits-decisions/

I am sure that there will be other members or one of the Community Team who maybe able to advise you also.  Please keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on.  All the best.  :smile:
    Thank you! - I’m hoping to hear back from my case worker soon since I sent my evidence on a next day delivery, but until I know what’s going to happen I’m just looking for work and trying to keep a positive mind - and it’s nice to meet you Ali I shall look at that link soon 
    You are welcome @GamerGirl37.  Good luck!  :smile:
    It’s really nice to be able to talk about things that have been bottled up for years , I don’t want anyone to be in trouble as it will cause more **** for me saying I’m liying ect . And going through life has never been easy hardly any friends and not being able to work out why I was different before I got the Diagnosis 
    Glad you can talk on here @GamerGirl37.  You will find that we are a friendly bunch and you will soon make some new friends on here I am sure.  Please let us know anytime if we can help you with anything.  All the best.  :smile:
    I would like some more subscribers got my YouTube channel if you wouldn’t mind? 
    Hello @GamerGirl37   Thank you for sharing. Please if we can help with anything please get in touch.

I use this forum to help my self and talk about anything. Every knows that talking is often a major start in healing with in.

I do understand hard difficult days.  Struggling.

I am one of the community champions on the forum. One thing have learnt. If I talk about my problems then some one else can resonate feel part of the problems. May have similar experiences.

Wishing to share and care have concern.  Something to consider. We are a community who are compassionate have empathy feel sensitivity.

Do have lists of organisations, associations connected with any thing you are dealing with.

Please ask we are a friendly community.

No one should be suffering. Be alone.

I hope that gives you a lot of reassurance to ask or how we  can help or be a listening ear.

Pleasure to meet you.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • iheartbobbiniheartbobbin Member Posts: 6 Listener
    I’m new too ! Also new to being disabled and finding it all very confusing 
  • Panda70Panda70 Member Posts: 23 Courageous
    Hello @mrbuttons, hope you enjoy this group, loads of useful information ect, plus there's always someone to talk to, and hello to all new members x 
    Hi @iheartbobbin and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for joining us.  I can appreciate that suddenly finding yourself as disabled can seem very confusing and upsetting and many of our members will be in a similar situation to yourself and so can relate to what you are going through.  I was born with Spina Bifida so don't know any other life than being disabled myself, but I do often think that it must be really difficult in adjusting to a major life-change such as a new disability or illness.  Please be assured that the Community is here to support you and you will find many lovely, friendly people on here all willing to chat to you anytime.  If there is anything at all we can help/support you with then please just let us  know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Yer I had a major accident in May 2018 where I had a drop of 41 meters and after a year in several hospitals I’m now home . My home is NOT made for any disability. It’s a tiny studio flat on the first floor and local council known since dec2018 that it wasn’t suitable anymore and I’m still waiting... can’t fit my wheelchair through my front door and the hallway so it’s encouraged me to use my crutches more but with the crutches I can’t carry anything 
    Gone from running 10k’s and cycling 25’s to counting how many steps I’ve managed and no hope for going back to work to what I’ve done for 14 years as my back is bolted straight so struggle to sit and bend over so my days of being a mechanic are deffo behind my 
    Broke EVERYTHING in my lower body - few ribs , punctured lungs and lacerated liver , 4 vertebrae, two replacement hips , one replacement knee , pelvis in 8 pieces , thighs , both bones in both calves, both ankles both feet and 9 toes all broken 
    72 screws and 16 metal plates 
    Hello @iheartbobbin   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions. We guide, advise and help new members who join the community.

Thank you for sharing your story. Sorry to hear what you are going through.

We do understand have compassion, empathy and do listen. You are not alone and there are lots of new friends wishing you well.

Please I know it is difficult being disabled. I was born disabled and still struggle mentally.

Please is there anything you wish to know need to ask for. Some one will know a member of our team or a member of our community.

You mentioned the difficulties with your home have you contacted any one to talk about this.

Some one like a local councillor.  Or if it is possible speak to some one in the Council offices.

You added struggling with carrying anything. I have this use on line shopping. Sign up and they deliver to your shopping to the Kitchen. 

Use TESCO or other supermarkets. Medications you get delivered on line.

Please if I can help or advise with anything suggestions please get in touch.  I also have a list of organisations and associations if you need to ask please do. Happy to give you any contacts.

Happy to be supportive.

You are a valued member of our community. We care and have concern and are friendly.

Pleasure to meet you. Keep warm and safe.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • naz786naz786 Member Posts: 62 Connected
    Hi 10th oct 19 I sent my mr its 31st oct just today they have registered the mr on there system totally disgusted 
    Hello @naz786   Thank you for sharing.  Sorry to hear this.

I know must be annoying and frustrated for you. Many members are experiencing the same.

Please is there anything I can offer in support or a listening ear.?  No problem at all.

I am one of the community champions on the forum.

Always here to be supportive. Is there anything you wished to know.? 

Do you need any advice or guidance?.

Just a thought. Have care concern and compassion for our community members.

If I can help please get in touch.

Pleasure to meet you.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
Sign in or join us to comment.