Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Health assessment appointment.
Hello I'm Pauline aged64 and disabled .I'm also new to this but need to chat to someone .my partner recently walked out on me and so I'm claiming U/C.had my 1st payment 13th Dec.. also have phone appointments .I've been sent a form in to explain about my disability and what stops me from going out and doing things in the house..I sent it off asking for a home assessment but they want me to go for a health check on the 31st Dec at 9am .1st I'm on a CPAP MACHINE 24/7.AS OF LUNG DISEASE.ON HEART TABLETS AS HEART PLAYING UP ..IM IN A WHEELCHAIR WITH OSTEO ARTHRITIS FINGERS ARE CROOKED WITH HAVING MUSCLE WASTE, IM BENT OVER WHILE TRYING TO WALK .I CANT DRESS MYSELF OR SHOWER DAYS WHEN I STAY IN MY OWN URINE AS NO HELP .BUT IM WAITING ON MY DR TOMORROW 30TH DEC TO HOPEFULLY GIVE ME A LETTER TO HAND IN TO U/C TO EXPLAIN IM HOUSEBOUND PANIC ATTACKS JUST THINKING ABOUT GOING OUT IS SO SCARY AND MY LITTLE BIT OF SLEEP HAS NOW GONE OUT THE WINDOW..IS THERE SOMEONE WHO CAN GIVE ME SOME ADVICE PLEASE...THANK YOU ..
- 48.1K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 133 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 608 Work and employment
- 509 Education
- 926 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.1K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 573 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 681 Autism and neurodiversity
- 814 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.