Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
About to give up with PIP
Hi all. I have anxiety and depression, scoliosis, slipped discs and chronic pain. I worked until July 18 when bullying in work tipped me over the edge. I applied for PIP in Feb 19, decision July 19. I was assessed as 0 throughout which nearly tipped me over the edge. I was due to have an appeal hearing last week but it was cancelled. DWP did a telephone offer of standard care but no mobility, and my CAB solicitor is saying I should accept. I don't understand why. I cannot walk far at all, I cannot go anywhere I don't know, I could not use public transport. Please help me. I try and read guidance on sites but my MH issues mean I get confused and I just need someone to explain this to me. I can't take much more. thank you in advance.
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 619 Work and employment
- 516 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 906 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 577 Chronic pain and pain management
- 637 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 688 Autism and neurodiversity
- 819 Mental health and wellbeing
- 283 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.