Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

ESA phone call

hi   I got a call today from the heath assessment service he said they had been contacted by the dwp to do a medical but they would have to do it over the phone I have not been sent a form to fill in like usual has anyone els had this? thanks


  • woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 3,829 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @matt31127 welcome to scope, do you know if your current ESA award was due to end? usually the DWP would send out the forms then the HCP would decide if you needed an assessment, having said that assessments atm are either paper-based or by telephone.
    my advice is given freely and is correct to the best of my knowledge.
  • matt31127matt31127 Member Posts: 4 Listener
    the last one i got was last july and i filled it in and sent it back i never heard back from it then today i get a call saying that they need to do one
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Have you rung DWP @matt31127? It seems a bit strange if you weren't expecting it.

    Also, welcome to the community! :) 
    Community Partner

    Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 9,364 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @matt31127 Welcome to the community, the assessment may be related t the form you completed last July, it does seem a long time ago but possible they have only just come to it, especially as you never heard anything back from sending it in.

    The only way to find out is as advised ti give them a call 
  • matt31127matt31127 Member Posts: 4 Listener
    hi rung the dwp and they said its from the form I filled in last year.i said things have got worse from then and the doctor I always see left in march.am very worried now is the form they have is from last year 
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 9,364 Disability Gamechanger
    Unfortunately they only take into account your condition at the time of the application 

    Is this a review do you already have award in place if so dont worry too much as you had award b4 based on your condition 

    You can try mention new changes but may not be taken into consideration to do this you should report changes in circumstances 
  • matt31127matt31127 Member Posts: 4 Listener
    yes I have been sick for the last 16 years so am in the support group 
Sign in or join us to comment.