ESA phone call — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA phone call

matt31127
matt31127 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
hi   I got a call today from the heath assessment service he said they had been contacted by the dwp to do a medical but they would have to do it over the phone I have not been sent a form to fill in like usual has anyone els had this? thanks

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,524 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @matt31127 welcome to scope, do you know if your current ESA award was due to end? usually the DWP would send out the forms then the HCP would decide if you needed an assessment, having said that assessments atm are either paper-based or by telephone.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• matt31127
    the last one i got was last july and i filled it in and sent it back i never heard back from it then today i get a call saying that they need to do one
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Have you rung DWP @matt31127? It seems a bit strange if you weren't expecting it.

Also, welcome to the community! :) 
    Scope

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @matt31127 Welcome to the community, the assessment may be related t the form you completed last July, it does seem a long time ago but possible they have only just come to it, especially as you never heard anything back from sending it in.

The only way to find out is as advised ti give them a call 
  • matt31127
    hi rung the dwp and they said its from the form I filled in last year.i said things have got worse from then and the doctor I always see left in march.am very worried now is the form they have is from last year 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Unfortunately they only take into account your condition at the time of the application 

Is this a review do you already have award in place if so dont worry too much as you had award b4 based on your condition 

You can try mention new changes but may not be taken into consideration to do this you should report changes in circumstances 
  • matt31127
    yes I have been sick for the last 16 years so am in the support group 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.