Anyone on here like sewing? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anyone on here like sewing?

Options
Supernanma
Supernanma Community member Posts: 42 Connected
Since my breakdown I have trained and passed with credit on gel nails, manicures, pedicures etc, but I couldn't commit as a career. I tried, but the first person was a nightmare. I ended up sweating, my latex gloves came off because of my anxiety and sweating.
Anyway, I started to look at other things. I had done some sewing, and I watched a few YouTubers and thought I can do that! So I pulled out my sewing machine and decided to make some lounge trousers. I did and they were amazing. So I have been making skirts and things. Does anyone have any hobbies that they have started since their mental health issues started? What have you made? 

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,724 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hiya @Supernanma it's good you have found your self a hobby, I don't think I could make clothing, yet alone use a sewing machine. I like creative writing and art. Its good finding something you enjoy doing and it keeps u busy. 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,663 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    In my teens and early 20's I worked for a high st. tailors, to this day i can still turn up a pair of trousers by hand. And thats about all I can do except sew a button on.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Supernanma
    Options
    Years ago I worked for a menswear company too. They also had a children's school uniform department. I had to take up trouser, sew on school badges etc. How strange, I'd forgotten about that. Nasty boss, I walked out. Don't like mean people! 
  • Supernanma
    Options
    @Sandy_123 What sort of art do you do? I have the paints, pencils etc but no motivation. My mum wanted me to go to college to do art, but I can only do it when I want to, not when I'm told what to draw/paint. I didn't go to college after that. My mum was pushy and I didn't get a chance at that college meeting to say I wanted to do languages and English literature.  Cut my nose off to spite my face as they say! What do you like to paint? 
  • Supernanma
    Options
    @woodbine Well good for you. Despite teaching my kids sewing basics, my son's and daughters still claim that they can't see buttons on! Lol. No matter, I love them just the same.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.