Anyone on here like sewing? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anyone on here like sewing?

Options
Supernanma
Supernanma Community member Posts: 42 Connected
Since my breakdown I have trained and passed with credit on gel nails, manicures, pedicures etc, but I couldn't commit as a career. I tried, but the first person was a nightmare. I ended up sweating, my latex gloves came off because of my anxiety and sweating.
Anyway, I started to look at other things. I had done some sewing, and I watched a few YouTubers and thought I can do that! So I pulled out my sewing machine and decided to make some lounge trousers. I did and they were amazing. So I have been making skirts and things. Does anyone have any hobbies that they have started since their mental health issues started? What have you made? 

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 49,893 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hiya @Supernanma it's good you have found your self a hobby, I don't think I could make clothing, yet alone use a sewing machine. I like creative writing and art. Its good finding something you enjoy doing and it keeps u busy. 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    In my teens and early 20's I worked for a high st. tailors, to this day i can still turn up a pair of trousers by hand. And thats about all I can do except sew a button on.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Supernanma
    Options
    Years ago I worked for a menswear company too. They also had a children's school uniform department. I had to take up trouser, sew on school badges etc. How strange, I'd forgotten about that. Nasty boss, I walked out. Don't like mean people! 
  • Supernanma
    Options
    @Sandy_123 What sort of art do you do? I have the paints, pencils etc but no motivation. My mum wanted me to go to college to do art, but I can only do it when I want to, not when I'm told what to draw/paint. I didn't go to college after that. My mum was pushy and I didn't get a chance at that college meeting to say I wanted to do languages and English literature.  Cut my nose off to spite my face as they say! What do you like to paint? 
  • Supernanma
    Options
    @woodbine Well good for you. Despite teaching my kids sewing basics, my son's and daughters still claim that they can't see buttons on! Lol. No matter, I love them just the same.

Brightness