Coffee lounge
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Anyone on here like sewing?

SupernanmaSupernanma Member Posts: 34 Connected
Since my breakdown I have trained and passed with credit on gel nails, manicures, pedicures etc, but I couldn't commit as a career. I tried, but the first person was a nightmare. I ended up sweating, my latex gloves came off because of my anxiety and sweating.
Anyway, I started to look at other things. I had done some sewing, and I watched a few YouTubers and thought I can do that! So I pulled out my sewing machine and decided to make some lounge trousers. I did and they were amazing. So I have been making skirts and things. Does anyone have any hobbies that they have started since their mental health issues started? What have you made? 

Replies

• Sandy_123Sandy_123 Member Posts: 1,407 Pioneering
    Hiya @Supernanma it's good you have found your self a hobby, I don't think I could make clothing, yet alone use a sewing machine. I like creative writing and art. Its good finding something you enjoy doing and it keeps u busy. 
  • woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,110 Disability Gamechanger
    In my teens and early 20's I worked for a high st. tailors, to this day i can still turn up a pair of trousers by hand. And thats about all I can do except sew a button on.
    "Putting a child into care, isn't caring for a child" (T.Rhattigan)
  • SupernanmaSupernanma Member Posts: 34 Connected
    Years ago I worked for a menswear company too. They also had a children's school uniform department. I had to take up trouser, sew on school badges etc. How strange, I'd forgotten about that. Nasty boss, I walked out. Don't like mean people! 
    @Sandy_123 What sort of art do you do? I have the paints, pencils etc but no motivation. My mum wanted me to go to college to do art, but I can only do it when I want to, not when I'm told what to draw/paint. I didn't go to college after that. My mum was pushy and I didn't get a chance at that college meeting to say I wanted to do languages and English literature.  Cut my nose off to spite my face as they say! What do you like to paint? 
    @woodbine Well good for you. Despite teaching my kids sewing basics, my son's and daughters still claim that they can't see buttons on! Lol. No matter, I love them just the same.
Sign in or join us to comment.