Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is fruity_fruitcake!
I’m Lucii, 20 years old and I suffer with many invisible disabilities. I’m on PIP and universal credit for them, and I have many mental health issues that I have to struggle with most days. I also suffer with PCOS which I only found out about last year mid-lockdown. My mum cares for me, which I love and hate-I always want to be independent but unfortunately it can’t be avoided sometimes. We all need help now and again, but I would love to be more resilient and cope with this stuff myself, without the need of others. I always feel a bit left out when it comes to disability, a little privileged even, because I don’t have much harder struggles that other disabled people have like cerebral palsy or something even harder to handle. I tend to invalidate my own struggles because of this and I know I really shouldn’t, as every disability should be taken seriously and supported of course. I’m new to this so I might be rambling - undiagnosed, but I strongly feel that I must have ADD or ADHD due to how much I overshare and generally my behaviours are very typical of those who have it - anyway I feel blessed to have come across this forum because I’ve felt very alone and overwhelmed this past year, and I’m grateful to be part of something that might help myself and others! Thank you x
- 49.2K All Categories
- 9.8K Start here and say hello!
- 4K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 135 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 656 Work and employment
- 525 Education
- 964 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 924 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 244 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 248 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.4K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.4K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 585 Chronic pain and pain management
- 648 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 702 Autism and neurodiversity
- 840 Mental health and wellbeing
- 287 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.