PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Offer accepted before tribunal, but still waiting on payment.

Anomalous123Anomalous123 Member Posts: 20 Listener
On 1st April 2021, the DWP rang up concerning my PIP tribunal and made me an offer. I took it due to my financial difficulties I was experiencing at the time and got a letter stating that I had been awarded standard mobility and enhanced daily living and they where going to back pay it until from the day I started my claim.

I read online that most people get their money within 6-12 weeks of being accepted, but I heard that some of these weeks give the DWP time to change their mind. If they gave me the offer and I've accepted, does this cut down the time I have to wait for my back payment to come through? 

Does anyone know someone that got theirs earlier than this and how long did it take to come through. I'm on day 11 now and I know my mother waited 12 days for hers but she was going from DLA to PIP, so this could have sped up the process...? 

I would appreciate a response from anyone who can help in this matter or share their experiences to put my mind more at ease. 

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,989 Disability Gamechanger
    Never heard of a case where DWP make an offer then change their mind. Theoretically it can happen but in practise I’ve not heard of a single instance. Some new fact would have to come to light for it to happen. 

As regards his long you’ll be waiting it’s very much a case of asking his long is a piece of string. Middle of a pandemic. Staff are all over the place. Some payments are lightning quick and some are not. 

The main thing to note here is that DWP orders are never accurate reflections of your likely entitlement had you proceeded to appeal. They will offer either nothing like the award a tribunal would have made or they will award the right award levels but wrong award length or vice verse. They will also conveniently forget to mention that, once you accept an offer, you can go on and appeal anyway without having to do a further mandatory reconsideration. Once the money has been received that’s something you may want to consider.
  • Anomalous123Anomalous123 Member Posts: 20 Listener
    @mikehughescq Thank you for the information. It has set my mind at ease that it is unlikely they will change their mind on my award. I feel the that the components given are fair considering my circumstances after a very few bad attempts. I was predicted standard mobility and daily living so I am actually presently surprised to have scored higher. I'm just glad this whole thing is over and done with for the next few years.
  • Anomalous123Anomalous123 Member Posts: 20 Listener
    Update: Received my back payment on Tuesday and have booked myself a little get away from all of the stress in June. Fingers crossed restrictions shall be lifted by then. 😅
  • leeCalleeCal Member Posts: 3,372 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 15
    Good news @Anomalous123, perhaps you can now also get something better than a pot noodle for tea?! 😄
  • Caz_ScopeCaz_Scope Posts: 566

Scope community team

edited April 15
    Oh, that's good news for you @Anomalous123 :)

Plus, something to look forward to now for June. How nice! I'm sure we'll all be keeping our fingers crossed for a smooth run in terms of the lifting of restrictions between now and then. 

Definitely a good thing to have something positive to focus on and look forward to, isn't it?
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Sign in or join us to comment.