Offer accepted before tribunal, but still waiting on payment. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Offer accepted before tribunal, but still waiting on payment.

Anomalous123
Anomalous123 Community member Posts: 21 Connected
On 1st April 2021, the DWP rang up concerning my PIP tribunal and made me an offer. I took it due to my financial difficulties I was experiencing at the time and got a letter stating that I had been awarded standard mobility and enhanced daily living and they where going to back pay it until from the day I started my claim.

I read online that most people get their money within 6-12 weeks of being accepted, but I heard that some of these weeks give the DWP time to change their mind. If they gave me the offer and I've accepted, does this cut down the time I have to wait for my back payment to come through? 

Does anyone know someone that got theirs earlier than this and how long did it take to come through. I'm on day 11 now and I know my mother waited 12 days for hers but she was going from DLA to PIP, so this could have sped up the process...? 

I would appreciate a response from anyone who can help in this matter or share their experiences to put my mind more at ease. 

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Anomalous123
    @Username_removed Thank you for the information. It has set my mind at ease that it is unlikely they will change their mind on my award. I feel the that the components given are fair considering my circumstances after a very few bad attempts. I was predicted standard mobility and daily living so I am actually presently surprised to have scored higher. I'm just glad this whole thing is over and done with for the next few years.
  • Anomalous123
    Update: Received my back payment on Tuesday and have booked myself a little get away from all of the stress in June. Fingers crossed restrictions shall be lifted by then. ?
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2021
    Good news @Anomalous123, perhaps you can now also get something better than a pot noodle for tea?! ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    edited April 2021
    Oh, that's good news for you @Anomalous123 :)

Plus, something to look forward to now for June. How nice! I'm sure we'll all be keeping our fingers crossed for a smooth run in terms of the lifting of restrictions between now and then. 

Definitely a good thing to have something positive to focus on and look forward to, isn't it?
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.