Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, I'm westcoast! Is backpayment from date of decision, or when health assessment was sent in?
Hi, I have waited 15 months for my health assessment, which I finally got last month.
I am fairly certain I will be placed in the LWRAG.
I am still awaiting a decision.
However I messaged on my UC journal today, asking if there was any update, the message I received was not what I was expecting.
They told me there was NO time scale for a decision to be made, and that if I hadn't heard anything within 4 months they would escalate it.
Also they said if there was any money owed to me it would be paid from the date of the decision.
As far as I was aware it would be back dated -3 month from when my health assessment was sent in.
Can you please clarify this.
- 50.3K All Categories
- 9.9K Start here and say hello!
- 4.3K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 137 Community updates
- 11.6K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 684 Work and employment
- 538 Education
- 1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 952 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 255 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 252 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.8K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.3K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.1K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.7K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 611 Chronic pain and pain management
- 667 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 724 Autism and neurodiversity
- 870 Mental health and wellbeing
- 290 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.