Hi, I'm westcoast! Is backpayment from date of decision, or when health assessment was sent in? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm westcoast! Is backpayment from date of decision, or when health assessment was sent in?

Options
westcoast
westcoast Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited April 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi, I have waited 15 months for my health assessment, which I finally got last month.
I am fairly certain I will be placed in the LWRAG.
I am still awaiting a decision.
However I messaged on my UC journal today, asking if there was any update, the message I received was not what I was expecting.
They told me there was NO time scale for a decision to be made, and that if I hadn't heard anything within 4 months they would escalate it.
Also they said if there was any money owed to me it would be paid from the date of the decision.
As far as I was aware it would be back dated -3 month from when my health assessment was sent in.
Can you please clarify this.
Many thanks

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Back pay is paid from when you reported the medical condition with the 3 month waiting period so month 4 after reporting it 
  • westcoast
    westcoast Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Many thanks for your reply so would that be 3 months from the start of me receiving UC.
    Or 3 months from when I sent in the medical questionnaire?
    Both are over a year.

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2021
    Options
    As janer advised, 3 months from when you reported the health condition. If that was when you start of your claim then the LCWRA element would be payable from the fourth payment.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @westcoast. Have you had a decision yet? How long has it been now?
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.