Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
A positive story
Hi guys I’m new here and wanted to share my story!
So I applied for pip back in March for my eating disorder and other mental health condition.
I was filled with dread and anxiety while waiting for my assessment. Five months later at the beginning of August I had my assessment.
I was panicky, palms were sweaty and I had my mum with me in case I messed up.
The assessor was nice and I thought that went well. One week later and I asked for the report and my gosh I was in shock. I scored 0 points!! I cried I was upset as I thought that the decision maker would agree with the assessor.
I sent in further evidence including which included a letter detailing where I should have scored points and the outcome of my assessment for my eating disorder and treatment plan.
This was sent on the 3rd September. I anxiously called asking for an update. I decided to leave it as I was being told the same thing. I called today and was told that a decision had been made yesterday. I was so nervous when the lady asked me if I wanted to know the outcome I was like ‘no’ then ‘yes’ then I was like just tell me and she said ‘you’ve been awarded enhanced rate for daily living!
I cried tears of joy as I went from scoring 0 points overall to the decision maker going against the report I’ve never been happy! After reading this forum for so long I finally got the help I needed.
It does happen guys things can turn from a negative to a positive.
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 620 Work and employment
- 517 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 906 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 636 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 689 Autism and neurodiversity
- 821 Mental health and wellbeing
- 283 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.