What's your favourite nativity memory? — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

What's your favourite nativity memory?

Tori_Scope
Tori_Scope Posts: 7,005

Scope community team

Did you do a nativity as a child? If so, what's your favourite memory?

Whether you bagged the coveted role of Mary or Joseph, or were proud to be first lobster (YouTube), we want to hear about it!

One of my nativity memories is being the narrator one year, and having to learn a little song on handheld bells with the other narrator. It took us ages, but we smashed it on the night.
Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to tell us how we're doing? Complete our feedback form now.
Tagged:

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community Co-Production Group Posts: 5,986 Disability Gamechanger
    I was a narrator every year for some reason so I managed to get out of singing :)
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 6,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Son 30 years ago played Joseph, he decided it wasn't the Baby Jesus in the crib but "Kraft cheeses" much to the amusement of all watching.
    Be kind to newer members
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 13,272 Disability Gamechanger
    I was an angel lol 

But the best memory was watching toby in his first nativity as one of the 3 Kings proud mum moment I cried buckets 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Member Posts: 4,504 Disability Gamechanger
    I couldn’t speak when I was a child so I couldn’t ask to be in the nativity play as others did. But, if I’d been able to I would’ve made a good angel I’ll bet.

Happy new year 🥳 

• Libby_Scope
    Libby_Scope Posts: 635

Scope community team

I remember having various roles over the years in the Nativity, but one year I was one of the kings and loved decorating my crown with lots of jewels and glitter :) I had so much fun!
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Community Co-Production Group Posts: 880 Pioneering
    edited December 2021
    Mine has always been the singing! 

Even if I can't sing properly  :#

I particularly remember singing away in a manger!
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities, and assistive technology. Pronouns: She/her.

Brightness

Need to talk?

Over Christmas the online community might be a little quieter than usual, so if you need urgent emotional support or if you feel like you might be in crisis, please read up about how to stay safe for now and find help.

You can also speak to somebody in confidence by calling Samaritans on 116 123 for free or send an email to
[email protected]

Of course, if you feel like you might be at risk right now, please call 999 or visit your local hospital.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.