If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What time do you get up for the day

Options

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I’m often depressed as I lay in bed in the morning but once I’m up I’m fine. It’s a bit odd but then I do use quite a few mental tricks once I’m properly awake to stop depression. I just need something to do I think more than anything, At the moment I’ve done everything I can in and around the house so I’m bored quite a lot. @Biblioklept, thanks for your empathy.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,729 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Boredom is hard to counteract. There so much stimulation in the world that it actually increases boredom rather than relieves it I think. I was watching these videos of a young woman that decided to change her life in a year. She made a list of where she wants to be in a year's time (not like material things like rich, or owning a house or job or anything) but like the sort of person she wanted to be. And then broke down what that sort of person would do and made one change to her life each day to get there. 
    She had a lot of fun challenging herself and learnt new skills and made new friends on the way. I keep thinking of trying something similar to help with the funk but just can't bring myself to get started.
    Do you have any favourite hobbies or interests @leeCal?
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,505 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm a night owl and not a morning person, so I'd rather not say when I wake up when I have a day free to sleep in :D 

That sounds like an interesting video series @Biblioklept :) Perhaps the community could help to keep you accountable? Without any pressure of course. Do you have any ideas on the kind of person you'd like to be in a year's time?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • bwlch1
    bwlch1 Scope Member Posts: 21 Connected
    Options
    Roughly around 6.00am especially in the Summer, later in the winter.  Does our disability influence this  ?
  • bexter73
    bexter73 Community member Posts: 44 Connected
    Options
    I love mornings. I’ll get up at 6am for an hour or so peace before my daughters get up. Read the news, drink coffee and catch up on emails. 

Once the girls are up it’s bickering and moaning about who’s using the bathroom or pinched the others charger 😂
  • Biblioklept
    edited June 2022
    Options
    bwlch1 said:
    Roughly around 6.00am especially in the Summer, later in the winter.  Does our disability influence this  ?
    I can believe pain could influence it and for me it's because I like the peace and calm of an early start. 
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    bexter73 said:
    I love mornings. I’ll get up at 6am for an hour or so peace before my daughters get up. Read the news, drink coffee and catch up on emails. 

Once the girls are up it’s bickering and moaning about who’s using the bathroom or pinched the others charger 😂

I had a LOT of siblings and only 1 toilet growing up and it was always such a fight to get in there lol
  • bwlch1
    bwlch1 Scope Member Posts: 21 Connected
    Options
    Had a wife while living in the USA and majority of homes had two bathrooms, remember the houses are bigger and more space, higher divorce rate though!!!
  • bexter73
    bexter73 Community member Posts: 44 Connected
    Options
    @Biblioklept I have five kids but the older three have left home now. Four girls 🙈😂 all trying to get ready at the same time was quite a challenge lol 
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It is deff pain that causes me to have to wake when i do @Biblioklept i miss the days when i got out of my bed when i wanted to.
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    I'm terrible when I'm in pain, and a total baby and can't handle it at all so have so much empathy for those who have chronic pain or conditions that cause them pain. I'm sorry yours affects your sleep @SueHeath
  • leeCal
    Options
    @Biblioklept I play bass guitar as a hobby and I’m still getting my head around Buddhism which I enjoy a lot. 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Biblioklept
    Options
    I don't know much at all about Buddhism but if you're getting enjoyment out of it that's the most important thing. I'd love to play an instrument! Do you play any others and have you played for long?
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    bexter73 said:
    @Biblioklept I have five kids but the older three have left home now. Four girls 🙈😂 all trying to get ready at the same time was quite a challenge lol 
    Haha ouchhhhh! I can just imagine lol
  • leeCal
    Options
    I also play keyboards but I was in bands years ago as a bass player and I’ve recently started playing again after forty years! When I’m back up to speed I will try to start or join a band. Mostly we played the music of the time ie eighties and late seventies music. I’d enjoy playing some Fleetwood Mac or the Corrs but I also like the Rolling Stones and even Dixie chics, the latter being country more than anything.yeeha.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I get up when my mum gets up don't have much choice mum has dementia sometimes she gets up every hour and sometimes she will sleep until 11am and I laugh at myself thats when I cant sleep  so I just stay in bed relaxing  until she gets up 
  • emancherry33
    emancherry33 Community member Posts: 3,640 Pioneering
    Options
    Me 7am monday- Friday 9 ish Saturday - Sunday.
  • Justcheckingin15
    Justcheckingin15 Community member Posts: 370 Pioneering
    Options
    @Biblioklept, I'm 6am 7 days per week..My body  clock won't let me sleep any longer...and..I don't go to bed earlier than 12.
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    @Biblioklept, I'm 6am 7 days per week..My body  clock won't let me sleep any longer...and..I don't go to bed earlier than 12.
    Even if by a fluke I've managed to stay up until 12 I'm the same and still up between 5 and 6. I might try and force myself to stay awake later to see if I get used to it. I do like evening time
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    leeCal said:
    I also play keyboards but I was in bands years ago as a bass player and I’ve recently started playing again after forty years! When I’m back up to speed I will try to start or join a band. Mostly we played the music of the time ie eighties and late seventies music. I’d enjoy playing some Fleetwood Mac or the Corrs but I also like the Rolling Stones and even Dixie chics, the latter being country more than anything.yeeha.
    Did you ever try to write your own music? Which would you say is easier to play bass or keyboard?? 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.