Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

DWP LETTER UPDATE

Options
michael26
michael26 Community member Posts: 16 Connected
AFTER nearly 4 months i received a letter this morning saying sorry for the delay but just to inform me no decision has been made yet and they will inform me in due course. What do you think this means?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,298 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm assuming this is regarding the AA claim you made, thread here. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/98093/hi-my-name-is-michael26-ref-attendance-allowance#latest
    The letter means exactly what it says and no decision has been made yet. Once it has then you will be contacted.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • michael26
    Options
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are welcome @michael26. It is the very least you deserve.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything else to help. We are all here for you and listening to you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • michael26
    Options
  • michael26
    Options
    i'm pleased to say that in my bank account today was £924 from AA but i haven't received a letter of confirmation yet. So i have no idea if i have been awarded the lower or higher rate. I had my dates wrong earlier and i actually applied for AA early September. So i have only waited about 11 weeks in total for my claim to be processed. I wonder if i have lower or higher? i know its paid in arrears! any ideas?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Good news. In a previous thread you said you applied in August. Without knowing exactly when you first applied then i would rather not take a guess at what award you may have been given. There's only 2 rates anyway, which is higher or lower https://www.gov.uk/attendance-allowance/what-youll-get
    You can either wait for the decision letter or ring them to ask on Monday morning when they open.
    Does your partner claim a disability benefit their self such as PIP daily living/DLA mid/high rate care or AA?
    Is your partner state pension age? Sorry for the questions but depending on the answer you maybe entitled to other benefits.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Over that time period it looks like the higher rate.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    calcotti said:
    Over that time period it looks like the higher rate.

I thought that too untill i seen their other thread when they said they applied in August and i didn't want to say higher rate if that's not the award.
  • michael26
    Options
    no i had made a mistake when i said August, i had applied early in September i had my dates wrong appologies for the error.
  • michael26
    Options
    my wife claims the full pip at higher rate for her debilitating rheumatoid arthritis but is not of pensionable age for another year. I don't think we can claim anything else as we own our own property and I have private pensions. She doesn't have any works pensions as she suffered badly after the loss of our two children at a very young age and I supported her instead. I Worked all my life struggling to make ends meet and hope for the best. I can't complain though, whatever we get from the system I will be grateful for small mercies. It helps to ease the arthritic pain. I am just unfortunate to have had an accident over 20yrs ago that left me in this state, which has progressively got worse over the years.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Deleted because incorrect.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,951 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for the update 
  • michael26
    Options
    cheers for your ongoing assistance much appreciated.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.