Re - mobility that's effect working — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Re - mobility that's effect working

Options
jant1969
jant1969 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I suffer with chronic osteo arthritis in both knees , had knee major surgery in 2015 that took about 2 yrs to recovery , I was booked off work for 11 mnths , so had to live on ssp and only the last 3 mnths I got council tax benefits . It's been hard ever since , due to my condition the other knee is really bad and awaiting surgery . I can hardly work full time anymore , if I a 7 hr shift I have to spend 2 days off work due to chronic pain and mobility,I recently got an eviction notice from my landlady that she is selling and wants us out ( me and my son ) out by 1/2/18 , as you can imagine what festive this is for us ( not)!!!!!the council phoned me last week and told me that changes that I will get a council property is very rare , which I understand I be only been registered since 2014 , however at the time I was working full time so never needed help . They  ( council) have booked me an appointment for the 4/1/18, I know my landlady cannot evict me on previous day mentioned , but it's really not nice being in people's way and very uncomfortable. Most places to rent I view got stairs and it's an abcolute killer to my knee joints . Why do people look at you and they decide in face value you ok , if only they realise they brace face one have to put up daily and suffer in silence with you pain . I cannot work full time anymore due to this chronic pain , what can I do ? 

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.