Would I be able to claim pip or esa? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Would I be able to claim pip or esa?

Options
Harley_Quinn
Harley_Quinn Community member Posts: 27 Connected
edited March 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have recently been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder in the last year, at the age of 24, suffering associated anxiety and OCD symptoms as a result. As a child I wore splints and received physiotherapy for mild cerebral palsy - which means I have fallen arches in my feet so I walk on my toes and my feet turn inward as I walk, which I wear insoles to try and pull my feet level. I can't walk too far or fast without having a burning pain in my shins. I was premature and very small when born so have a vp shunt for hydrocephalus. 

Comments

• debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Harley Quinn
    It can’t hurt to try.If you have a look at the online site benefits and work you should be able to go through the criteria and see if you think you are eligible.
    I would also recommend you ask the CAB for help filling out the forms and they can tell you what evidence you need to send off.Good luck.
       Debsidoo.x
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello, yes do a self test on the site,http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.ph
    when taking the test be honest with your self because the answers and information you submit in your application form will have to be justified at your f2f accessment. Good luck.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.