If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Would I be able to claim pip or esa?

Harley_QuinnHarley_Quinn Member Posts: 27 Connected
edited March 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
I have recently been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder in the last year, at the age of 24, suffering associated anxiety and OCD symptoms as a result. As a child I wore splints and received physiotherapy for mild cerebral palsy - which means I have fallen arches in my feet so I walk on my toes and my feet turn inward as I walk, which I wear insoles to try and pull my feet level. I can't walk too far or fast without having a burning pain in my shins. I was premature and very small when born so have a vp shunt for hydrocephalus. 


  • debsidoodebsidoo Member Posts: 327 Pioneering
    Hi Harley Quinn
    It can’t hurt to try.If you have a look at the online site benefits and work you should be able to go through the criteria and see if you think you are eligible.
    I would also recommend you ask the CAB for help filling out the forms and they can tell you what evidence you need to send off.Good luck.
  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,201 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello, yes do a self test on the site,http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.ph
    when taking the test be honest with your self because the answers and information you submit in your application form will have to be justified at your f2f accessment. Good luck.
Sign in or join us to comment.