Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Would I be able to claim pip or esa?
I have recently been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder in the last year, at the age of 24, suffering associated anxiety and OCD symptoms as a result. As a child I wore splints and received physiotherapy for mild cerebral palsy - which means I have fallen arches in my feet so I walk on my toes and my feet turn inward as I walk, which I wear insoles to try and pull my feet level. I can't walk too far or fast without having a burning pain in my shins. I was premature and very small when born so have a vp shunt for hydrocephalus.
- 48.2K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 610 Work and employment
- 511 Education
- 930 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 683 Autism and neurodiversity
- 815 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.