PIP question — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP question

Options
cathy1
cathy1 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I was awarded pi p for 2 years to end on March 2019.they asked me to fill a form out and then go to an assessment.i had been awarded full weekly and full mobility ...but after a phone call this morning I am told that now I will only get the standard weekly rate and no mobility! During the time waiting for PIP results I had to go for an assessment for ESA this came back before my PIP assessment and again I was put into the support group? How can this be? My depression is worse ....Please help

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @cathy1, and a warm welcome to the community!

I'm so sorry to hear this- I know staying on top of benefits can seem really overwhelming, but we have some experienced members on the community who will hopefully be able to help. @poppy123456, could you advise?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,365 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

ESA and PIP are different benefits. If you're not happy with the PIP decision then you have 28 days from the date of the decision to request a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) you should put this in writing stating what you disagree with and where you think you should have scored those points. I would advise you to get further help with the MR request from your local welfare rights or other disability advice centre near you. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.