PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

PIP question

cathy1cathy1 Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hi I was awarded pi p for 2 years to end on March 2019.they asked me to fill a form out and then go to an assessment.i had been awarded full weekly and full mobility ...but after a phone call this morning I am told that now I will only get the standard weekly rate and no mobility! During the time waiting for PIP results I had to go for an assessment for ESA this came back before my PIP assessment and again I was put into the support group? How can this be? My depression is worse ....Please help

Replies

• Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cathy1, and a warm welcome to the community!

I'm so sorry to hear this- I know staying on top of benefits can seem really overwhelming, but we have some experienced members on the community who will hopefully be able to help. @poppy123456, could you advise?
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

ESA and PIP are different benefits. If you're not happy with the PIP decision then you have 28 days from the date of the decision to request a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) you should put this in writing stating what you disagree with and where you think you should have scored those points. I would advise you to get further help with the MR request from your local welfare rights or other disability advice centre near you. Good luck.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
Sign in or join us to comment.