PIP and council tax
Hello I am a new member and have been a 'lurker' for some time. I have recently applied for PIP and just received the copy of the assessment form (not the decision letter). As far as I can see I have been awarded 8 points which I believe is standard rate. I know I will need to wait for the official decision but if I am in receipt of PIP dla would I be able to claim any other benefits? I work full time and I have never claimed any benefits before.
- 50.4K All Categories
- 10K Start here and say hello!
- 4.3K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 137 Community updates
- 11.6K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 685 Work and employment
- 538 Education
- 1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 953 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 255 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 252 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.9K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.3K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.1K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.8K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 612 Chronic pain and pain management
- 669 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 724 Autism and neurodiversity
- 874 Mental health and wellbeing
- 290 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.