PIP assessments and Fibro — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP assessments and Fibro

Options
blueduck
blueduck Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi my name is Jill and I have Fybromyalgia and suspected connective tissue disease. I had to give up work as it was becoming too much physically. I have my pip assessment next week, I was just wondering if anyone with fybro has been through it? I’m dreading it? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,343 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Lots of people claim PIP for the way fibro affects their functional ability but do remember that PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis. It's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors.

During the assessment you'll be asked questions about your conditions and how they affect you. You'll also need to verify the answers you wrote in the PIP2 form which you returned.

You'll be watched from the minute you arrive to the minute you leave. You can take someone with you but you'll need to answer the questions yourself.

Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.