PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

PIP assessments and Fibro

blueduckblueduck Member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi my name is Jill and I have Fybromyalgia and suspected connective tissue disease. I had to give up work as it was becoming too much physically. I have my pip assessment next week, I was just wondering if anyone with fybro has been through it? I’m dreading it😭 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Lots of people claim PIP for the way fibro affects their functional ability but do remember that PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis. It's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors.

During the assessment you'll be asked questions about your conditions and how they affect you. You'll also need to verify the answers you wrote in the PIP2 form which you returned.

You'll be watched from the minute you arrive to the minute you leave. You can take someone with you but you'll need to answer the questions yourself.

Good luck.

Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.