Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Benifit stopped

pigeon55pigeon55 Member Posts: 116 Courageous
Hi all been a while since I posted. My universal credit account has over the last 12 months deducted more than my disembelement payment benefit. I know this benefit affects my uc benefit but I would have thought they would only deducted the same as my monthly payment benefit. 
Regards 

Replies

• Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 8,075

Scope community team

Hi @pigeon55.
    Can I ask if you've checked if you've calculated your disembelement payment as a monthly figure rather than 4-weekly?

Universal Credit usually convert other overlapping benefits into a monthly figure, so it can sometimes seem like you're getting more deducted whereas over the course of the year it actually works out the same. 

If you can tell me the amounts you receive and how much you've had deducted, I can help you work this out. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • pigeon55pigeon55 Member Posts: 116 Courageous
    Hi 
    I have worked out the amounts on a 12 monthly period. From April to April. The totals show uc has stopped almost £200 in this period compared to what I received of disembelement. 
    Regards 
  • woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 5,107 Disability Gamechanger
    Might be an idea to ask them on youR UC journal?
    I will now only offer benefits advice on PIP, and specific benefits advice for other people with Epilepsy. 
Sign in or join us to comment.