Wild West Pavements — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Wild West Pavements

Options
fluffycat
fluffycat Community member Posts: 237 Pioneering
edited April 2021 in Coffee lounge
It has got ridiculous 

E-bikes / E-scooters / E-unicycle / Skateboards / Hoverboards / Bikes (esp. takeaway bikes at speed!!!) flying past and have to jump out of way!!!

People have forgotten what pavements are for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There’s no one to enforce the law where I live, in a small town with zero police would you believe.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,663 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    leeCal said:
    There’s no one to enforce the law where I live, in a small town with zero police would you believe.
    sounds like dodge city lol, can't remember last time I saw a policeman.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It is a bit @woodbine, the nearest fully operating police station is eight miles away, ours was closed and made into a very small museum.

because of the lack of enforcement we have all the pavement problems mentioned above but also parking on bends and at T junctions, sometimes I think the whole town has turned into a giant car park. And yet council tax has but one trajectory..upwards and onwards.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• fluffycat
    fluffycat Community member Posts: 237 Pioneering
    Options
    Forget 

mopeds too

seen few tonight, (on pavement or no through traffic ) impatient delivery drivers not sticking to Highway Code ! 

Brightness