Coffee lounge
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Wild West Pavements

fluffycatfluffycat Member Posts: 215 Pioneering
edited April 7 in Coffee lounge
It has got ridiculous 

E-bikes / E-scooters / E-unicycle / Skateboards / Hoverboards / Bikes (esp. takeaway bikes at speed!!!) flying past and have to jump out of way!!!

People have forgotten what pavements are for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• leeCalleeCal Member Posts: 3,632 Disability Gamechanger
    There’s no one to enforce the law where I live, in a small town with zero police would you believe.
  • woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,425 Disability Gamechanger
    leeCal said:
    There’s no one to enforce the law where I live, in a small town with zero police would you believe.
    sounds like dodge city lol, can't remember last time I saw a policeman.
    "Putting a child into care, isn't caring for a child" (T.Rhattigan)
  • leeCalleeCal Member Posts: 3,632 Disability Gamechanger
    It is a bit @woodbine, the nearest fully operating police station is eight miles away, ours was closed and made into a very small museum.

because of the lack of enforcement we have all the pavement problems mentioned above but also parking on bends and at T junctions, sometimes I think the whole town has turned into a giant car park. And yet council tax has but one trajectory..upwards and onwards.
  • fluffycatfluffycat Member Posts: 215 Pioneering
    Forget 

mopeds too

seen few tonight, (on pavement or no through traffic ) impatient delivery drivers not sticking to Highway Code ! 
Sign in or join us to comment.