Elected councillor and deductions - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Elected councillor and deductions

Options
2»

Comments

• Martynh
    Martynh Community member Posts: 33 Courageous
    Options
    woodbine said:
    @Martynh well done you on becoming a councillor, I assume your council has an HR department maybe they could help?
    Thanks. 
    The council's department know less than I do :)
  • Martynh
    Options
    Thanks for that link! I have spent countless hours over the years searching and never come across that page. I must have just never got the correct search phrasing in the past.

It confirms what I originally expected but the decision maker refused to accept, but at least I now have something to fight back with.

Many thanks again.
  • Martynh
    Options
    A resolution at last!
    After over 30 hours of phonecalls and two incorrectly written decisions, the DWP have disregarded the entire allowance with an annual review - mainly thanks to the council giving me a letter stating that the allowance was not an income but was to cover costs of being a councillor, such as broadband, landline and mobile phones, office equipment, stationary etc.

Although I can legally keep the entire allowance myself, we have made the decision that we will keep the £20 that would be disregarded in normal circumstances and use the rest on expenses and keep accounts to show the DWP in the future.

Brightness