Elected councillor and deductions - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Elected councillor and deductions

Options
2»

Comments

• Martynh
    Martynh Community member Posts: 33 Courageous
    Options
    woodbine said:
    @Martynh well done you on becoming a councillor, I assume your council has an HR department maybe they could help?
    Thanks. 
    The council's department know less than I do :)
  • Martynh
    Options
    Thanks for that link! I have spent countless hours over the years searching and never come across that page. I must have just never got the correct search phrasing in the past.

It confirms what I originally expected but the decision maker refused to accept, but at least I now have something to fight back with.

Many thanks again.
  • Martynh
    Options
    A resolution at last!
    After over 30 hours of phonecalls and two incorrectly written decisions, the DWP have disregarded the entire allowance with an annual review - mainly thanks to the council giving me a letter stating that the allowance was not an income but was to cover costs of being a councillor, such as broadband, landline and mobile phones, office equipment, stationary etc.

Although I can legally keep the entire allowance myself, we have made the decision that we will keep the £20 that would be disregarded in normal circumstances and use the rest on expenses and keep accounts to show the DWP in the future.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.