Mobile phones - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mobile phones

Options
2»

Comments

• Leigh14
    Leigh14 Community member Posts: 574 Pioneering
    Options
    chiarieds said:
    Hi @Leigh14 - more info here: https://www.giffgaffed.com/  I have the lowest value 'goodybag' as they call them (£6 a month as mentioned). Every month you get a breakdown of your usage & recommendations, tho I've always been fine on this goodybag. Might be worth looking into as they use O2 as well.

Thankyou for this. Definitely worth looking into.?
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh ok but you get that anywhere they are popular in wales and its one of the better signals here people make their own choice 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Also EE  has been voted one of the top phone providers 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I have been with ee for years and never had any issues with Cs or my contracts always been so helpful and even in the store . They help me transfer my stuff from one phone to another and set up new phone 

There are good and bad with all providers it's down to personal experience 
  • fluffycat
    fluffycat Community member Posts: 237 Pioneering
    Options
    Plusnet sim only £6 monthly (4GB data / unlimited calls & texts) 30 day contract (use mid-range smart phone)

o2 PAYG 321 plan (3p min 2p Text 1p data) old sim on basic phone. 
  • lou87
    lou87 Community member Posts: 48 Connected
    Options
    fluffycat said:
    Plusnet sim only £6 monthly (4GB data / unlimited calls & texts) 30 day contract (use mid-range smart phone)

o2 PAYG 321 plan (3p min 2p Text 1p data) old sim on basic phone. 
    That's a good deal i think this is what i pay for my sons on giffgaff or it might be £8
    ?
  • Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    Options
    I've been with Virgin for some time now and for £6 per month. I get Phone and free texts, free calls to Virgin numbers, cheap calls and I can upgrade yearly at no extra cost. Not sure how much data, I hardly ever use it. I prefer my computer with the big screen. 
    Things may change though. I hear they have merged with 02, or taken them over?
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2021
    Options
    I’ve got no landline only mobile phone, I’ve been with Three for years paying £8 a month for 8GB data and unlimited mins and texts, plus we have Three WiFi £18 a month unlimited. But you can  get unlimited everything on a sim only plan and use the phone as a hotspot for WiFi but would be no good when I go out as no WiFi for the better half at home.

Brightness