Denied PiP renewal, reasons given are an absolute joke. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Denied PiP renewal, reasons given are an absolute joke.

Options
Applecrayon
Applecrayon Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
So I got my pip renewal notice, and had a telephone assessment a few weeks ago which I thought went pretty well. I told them lots of details about my issues and how my daily life is. Came off the phone feeling pretty confident. Had my decision letter today and I was shocked to see my claim was declined. Zero points on everything. So, I moved on to the 'here's how we came to this decision' part and my jaw almost dropped. The decision seems to have been made based on my first ever face to face assessment nearly 5 years ago. Absolutely nothing I mentioned during my phone assessment influenced there decision, in fact it was never mentioned. Everything was based on the face to face. No mention of how things have gotten worse, no mention of anything I said. But that's not even the worst part...

Part of the decision is just a copy and paste of another paragraph. I thought I'd got mad reading it through it, but the second paragraph is pasted mid way in another paragraph. It then goes on to say they made their decision based on my mental state evaluation and my ESA assessment...which was also 5 years ago. Nothing about my latest telephone assessment. 

It's even more shocking because my PiP actually went up a few years ago because an activist for my condition convinced the DWP that it's actually more serious than they gave it credit for. 

Obviously I am going to ask for a mandatory reconsideration and then take it to tribunal, but I find it shocking that the person who decides if I'm allowed PiP can't even be bothered to proof read their own work. 

Comments

• Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Options
    Sorry @Applecrayon all I can say is :disappointed: I just can't believe how many people this kind of thing happens to! I know there will be more negative posts on this forum than positive just because that's how it is but it is literally every single day lots of people have been turned down when they should not of been and these assessors or decision makers are clearly not doing their job right or maybe they are supposed to take people's pip away more than grant it?? I don't know but it's just a very sad state of affairs that's me done il be quiet now! I really hope your MR is successful! Good luck with everything! :smile:
  • Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Options
    I know they have their ways of doing things but it does seem like there is a lot of stress and anxiety put on people that are already struggling? I don't have the answers about how to do it differently but I just get upset because I relate to feeling what was the point in getting vulnerable and telling them personal embarrassing stuff if they are then going to ignore it or say I disagree at the end of it :disappointed: but it is what it is hopefully  we get better news from MR or tribunal :smile:
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Username_removed said:... In reality then unless your form exactly matches or exceeds the quality of your first form then there is likely going to be some issues every time. ..
    As you often remark too, even with the same information different people may draw different conclusions.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.