Insomnia - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Insomnia

Options
2»

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I too nod off a lot through the day try my best not to if I feel myself nodding I try do something to keep me busy 

Worst time is after my evening meal 

• chloeblue04
    chloeblue04 Community member Posts: 234 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello Geegeenumber1 I read what you wrote in your email about insomnia. I have been reading about it in the library books and I watched a documentary about it last year. My words of advice are; 
    1. Don't go to bed after you had an evening meal.
    2. Be punctual with your sleep schedule on what time you go to bed and what time you wake up 
    3. Have a mug of warm milk
    4. Try to drink herbal teas but not too much
    5. Avoid caffine-related drinks as they keep you awake

I have a friend who's been dealing with insomnia but don't worry I'm sure you'll be fine.
  • Geegeenumber1
    Geegeenumber1 Community member Posts: 1,066 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi there

Thank so much. My insomnia basically solved itself when I quit dieting! I was drinking lots of coffee and water to try and fill up and not eating any carbs which also causes insomnia. I tried every trick in the book but touch wood it's gone. 
  • Shastus
    Shastus Community member Posts: 65 Courageous
    Options
    My lack of sleep is due to having Crohns, Short Bowel and Ileostomy I’m up and down going to the toilet I basically live in the toilet 20 times during day and 4-5 times during the night I guess it’s pointless for me to sleep if I do nod off I have an inner alarm that wakes me up to empty bag.
  • Puja
    Puja Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 104 Courageous
    edited December 2022
    Options
    hello fellow insomniac here
     i find dim lights, relaxing music or insight timer or calm stories app good to wind down

and being comfy, my weighted blanket and painkillers are essential for a good nights sleep

when i eventually fall asleep usually 2-3am
    but ended up napping 5-9pm today so who knows when i will get to sleep today 😑 anyway good luck and hunger can affect it don’t try to sleep if hungry you might have to wake up for a snack 😆 
    My Pronouns are (She/Her & They/Them)

I have lived experience of ND conditions, chronic pain, mental health & well-being, PIP, ESA, employment and benefits. 

😊 Why not fundraise for SCOPE for free while you shop online 💜💛 🎅🏻 💷💸 🍯💻 📱🛒 🛍️ 📦 

SCOPE ebay shop (online)

Brightness