Insomnia - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Insomnia

Options
2»

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I too nod off a lot through the day try my best not to if I feel myself nodding I try do something to keep me busy 

Worst time is after my evening meal 

• chloeblue04
    chloeblue04 Community member Posts: 234 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello Geegeenumber1 I read what you wrote in your email about insomnia. I have been reading about it in the library books and I watched a documentary about it last year. My words of advice are; 
    1. Don't go to bed after you had an evening meal.
    2. Be punctual with your sleep schedule on what time you go to bed and what time you wake up 
    3. Have a mug of warm milk
    4. Try to drink herbal teas but not too much
    5. Avoid caffine-related drinks as they keep you awake

I have a friend who's been dealing with insomnia but don't worry I'm sure you'll be fine.
  • Geegeenumber1
    Geegeenumber1 Community member Posts: 1,066 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi there

Thank so much. My insomnia basically solved itself when I quit dieting! I was drinking lots of coffee and water to try and fill up and not eating any carbs which also causes insomnia. I tried every trick in the book but touch wood it's gone. 
  • Shastus
    Shastus Community member Posts: 65 Courageous
    Options
    My lack of sleep is due to having Crohns, Short Bowel and Ileostomy I’m up and down going to the toilet I basically live in the toilet 20 times during day and 4-5 times during the night I guess it’s pointless for me to sleep if I do nod off I have an inner alarm that wakes me up to empty bag.
  • Puja
    Puja Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 104 Courageous
    edited December 2022
    Options
    hello fellow insomniac here
     i find dim lights, relaxing music or insight timer or calm stories app good to wind down

and being comfy, my weighted blanket and painkillers are essential for a good nights sleep

when i eventually fall asleep usually 2-3am
    but ended up napping 5-9pm today so who knows when i will get to sleep today 😑 anyway good luck and hunger can affect it don’t try to sleep if hungry you might have to wake up for a snack 😆 
    My Pronouns are (She/Her & They/Them)

I have lived experience of ND conditions, chronic pain, mental health & well-being, PIP, ESA, employment and benefits. 

😊 Why not fundraise for SCOPE for free while you shop online 💜💛 🎅🏻 💷💸 🍯💻 📱🛒 🛍️ 📦 

SCOPE ebay shop (online)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.