Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Coping

Options
Emeraldgem
Emeraldgem Community member Posts: 12 Listener
hi I suffer from numerous mental health issues including. BPD… with psychotic episodes. PTSD, OCD, Generalised anxiety disorder and I’m also waiting for an assessment for autism. Daily life is a massive struggle even getting out of the bed in the morning is a chore and for the last 3 days I’ve not had the energy nor the motivation to to that. It’s so hard sometimes to have no one to talk to that completely understand how I feel as half the time I don’t get it myself. 

Comments

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Emeraldgem

Welcome to the community! :) 

I am so sorry to hear your mental health has been so bad recently. I am glad to hear things are in motion for your autism assessment. How do you feel about that? 

I just wanted to check in and ask if you have support around you? If the community can support you in anyway, please don't hesitate to ask :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • paries1
    paries1 Community member Posts: 380 Pioneering
    Options
    hi I suffer from numerous mental health issues including. BPD… with psychotic episodes. PTSD, OCD, Generalised anxiety disorder and I’m also waiting for an assessment for autism. Daily life is a massive struggle even getting out of the bed in the morning is a chore and for the last 3 days I’ve not had the energy nor the motivation to to that. It’s so hard sometimes to have no one to talk to that completely understand how I feel as half the time I don’t get it myself. 
    I’m diagnosed with BPD too , it’s really horrible so I completely understand what you say . Have you had any therapy specifically for BPD? I tried MBT and it was completely useless . 
  • Emeraldgem
    Options
    Hi @Hannah_Scope I feel glad that my autism assessment is going ahead as I have always felt that I’ve been very different to other people even growing up I was a loner. I have my husband and my mental health team but that’s it and and I don’t hear from from my mental health team unless I need them. My husband tries but I know it’s difficult for him as he doesn’t understand things x 
  • Emeraldgem
    Options
    Hi @paries1 no I haven’t had any therapy as my Psychiatrist doesn’t think I’m ready for that yet, I’m 3 years down the line and their still messing about with my meds x 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    @Emeraldgem Maybe your mental health team could suggest a local group? I know a few members with mental and physical health issues have mentioned having groups to talk to or meet up with :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • paries1
    Options
    Hi @paries1 no I haven’t had any therapy as my Psychiatrist doesn’t think I’m ready for that yet, I’m 3 years down the line and their still messing about with my meds x 
    Oh I hope they’ll sort them out soon . CMHT can be so bad , mine just left me too , they’d call me up and just say “ keep taking your meds “ and that was it.
    I hope you’ll get them sorted soon and they help a bit . X 

• Emeraldgem
    Options
    paries1 said:
    Oh I hope they’ll sort them out soon . CMHT can be so bad , mine just left me too , they’d call me up and just say “ keep taking your meds “ and that was it.

I’m in under GMMHT and to be honest their not that good either I’m on my 4th psychiatrist and that’s all they say to me x 
  • Emeraldgem
    Options
    @Hannah_Scope I can’t do groups or anything like that my social anxiety is too bad x
  • paries1
    Options
    paries1 said:

I’m in under GMMHT and to be honest their not that good either I’m on my 4th psychiatrist and that’s all they say to me x 
    All they ever want to do is give us loads of meds to shut us up. I should NEVER have been on an anti psychotic but they gave me that as well as others and I want off them asap . x 
  • Emeraldgem
    Options
    paries1 said:
    paries1 said:

All they ever want to do is give us loads of meds to shut us up. I should NEVER have been on an anti psychotic but they gave me that as well as others and I want off them asap . x 
    I’ve been on anti psychotic meds as well I was put on Lamotrogine which then someone else took me off and then another tried putting me back on it’s like 🤷🏻‍♀️ x 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    @Emeraldgem Would online ones be something you could be part of? Or do you prefer something like this where it's a written forum? 
    Hannah - She / Her

• Emeraldgem
    Options
    @Hannah_Scope I prefer things that are online especially writing things as I find it easier x 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    @Emeraldgem Then you are in the right place with us :) I hope the community can be such a support for you and a place to make new friends :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

• Emeraldgem
    Options
    @Emeraldgem Then you are in the right place with us :) I hope the community can be such a support for you and a place to make new friends :) 
    Yes this definitely it the right place for me and i hope so as well xx